Sydney Knife Attack Victim Pulls 20cm Blade Out Of His Own Stomach And Stabs Man To Death
A Sydney man has plead guilty to manslaughter after being attacked with a large knife.
9News reports Christian Hargrave-McKey was confronted at Bondi Junction on December 22 last year by 60-year-old Mark Thomas.
They had both left the Nelson Hotel at the same time and after a bout of yelling and shoving, the 30-year-old reportedly said: "Go on, fucking stab me."
Court documents state Hargrave-McKey suffered a stab wound to his abdomen after Thomas pulled a 20 centimetre blade from his backpack.
You'd think getting a gash on your stomach would render you pretty defenceless, but the situation turned deadly real quick.
More Like ThisMore Like This
The 30-year-old was accused of pulling the knife out of his own abdomen and then using it to stab Thomas 11 times to death.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the most significant blow was a 17 centimetre deep wound that went through Thomas' rib cage, aorta, pulmonary artery and heart.
Several days after the incident, the man told detectives: "I'm so disappointed in myself. I just found out what I did. I'm so sorry. That poor bloke. I can't believe this happened."
Despite being the first to be attacked Hargrave-McKey was initially charged with murder. Yesterday, he plead guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.
The matter has been adjourned till November 8 for a sentencing date.
Featured Image Credit: Channel 9