| Last updated
Prince Andrew's lawyers have responded after legal papers were sent regarding sexual assault allegations.
Representatives for the Duke of York claim the papers weren't served properly and, according to the MailOnline, they plan to boycott a court hearing on Monday which will go into detail about the accusations lodged.
The publication also reported that the Duke's team plans to have the case thrown out on a technicality. According to Prince Andrew's solicitor, Gary Bloxsome, a document that was signed in 2009 makes the action invalid.
Representatives for Ms Giuffre, however, stated in a court document that the assertion regarding the 2009 release was an "erroneous suggestion" by Blackfords.
The allegations have been made against Prince Andrew, 61, by Virginia Giuffre who says she was loaned out to the royal family member at the age of 17 by deceased paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and his alleged 'recruiter' Ghislaine Maxwell.
It's also believed that on 9 September, a new affidavit was also lodged in New York from a London-based 'corporate investigator and process server' who was serving Prince Andrew with the court papers.
He says how he got to the Duke's Windsor mansion on 12 August and was met by Metropolitan Police officers who told him they 'could not raise anyone in charge'.
They are also reported to have said they had been 'instructed not to allow anyone attending there for the purpose of serving court process on the grounds of the property'.
The agent returned the next day and was told the court process could be left with the police officer at the main gate 'and that this matter would then be forwarded on to the legal team.
The document says the complaint, the summons and other papers were enclosed 'in a plastic sleeve and then in an A4 envelope, addressed to the said defendant, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, at the address' and then left with the police officer who was on duty at the main gates of The Royal Lodge, Windsor Great Park, on August 27 at 9.30am.
Andrew has stepped back from public duties amid the fallout from his relationship with Epstein.
The step down came after his 'car crash' 2019 Newsnight interview which saw him attempt to draw a line under his relationship with Epstein, who died in prison two years ago.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read