27 minutes ago
an hour ago

Most Popular

6 hours ago

Firefighters Free Man Who Cemented His Head Inside A Microwave

Firefighters Free Man Who Cemented His Head Inside A Microwave

We've all seen Jackass and thought of doing silly stunts ourselves but there are some that are just too stupid to contemplate.

This was definitely one of those occasions as one YouTube prankster cemented his head inside a microwave in his garage, meaning that five firefighters had to spend an hour setting him free. What a massive dickhead.


Credit: West Midlands Fire Service

The 22-year-old, from Fordhouses, Wolverhampton, planned to use the microwave as a mould, mixing seven bags of Polyfilla with a group of friends before they tipped it over his head. Yeah, 'friends'.

Thankfully, the bloke's head was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave. However, he did end up seriously stuck and struggling to breathe, with the group trying to free him for 90 minutes before the fire brigade turned up.


Watch Commander Shaun Dakin was in the charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew who responded to the incident on Wednesday. He stressed that although the man's predicament sounds funny, the danger he was in was no laughing matter.

"As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured," Dakin said.

"Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded. We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck."

Thankfully, the firefighters managed to remove a large chunk of the cement with a screwdriver, allowing the man to breathe more easily. Before that, he'd been relying on an air tube his friends managed to feed him.

However, the emergency services still had to be extremely cautious with the sharp tool - with his head just inches away, they could easily have accidentally stabbed or scraped him. It's pretty horrific when you think about it.

Watch Commander Dakin said that while the group were sorry for what they did, it was a call-out that the brigade definitely shouldn't have needed to make.

"It took us nearly an hour to free him," Dakin said. "All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need."

Let this be a lesson to all wannabe stuntmen out there keen to think up their next dangerous performance.

You might think that you're the next Steve-O but you're probably just going to end up wasting the emergency services' time.

Featured Image Credit: West Midlands Fire Service

Topics: Firefighters, accident, uk news, News, Firefighter

Chris Ogden

Chris Ogden is a journalist at LADbible. He graduated from the University of East Anglia with degrees in English Literature and Creative Writing before completing his NCTJ Diploma in Multimedia Journalism. Chris has previously written for the independent culture magazine The Skinny, among other publications.


Next Up

​Woman Tells Phil And Holly She's Given Up Men To Have Sex With Ghosts

​Woman Tells Phil And Holly She's Given Up Men To Have Sex With Ghosts

3 years ago