Advert

Teenager Says iPhone Charger Left Her With Facial Burns After It Set Duvet On Fire

Published 
| Last updated 

Teenager Says iPhone Charger Left Her With Facial Burns After It Set Duvet On Fire

A teenager has been left with burns to the face after claiming an iPhone charger set her duvet on fire.

Amie Hall, 17, from Birmingham, was in bed in the early hours of last Thursday morning (18 March).

The teen says she plugged her iPhone charger in and frighteningly claims that within two minutes it had set her duvet 'alight'.

The iPhone charger. Credit: Jam Press
The iPhone charger. Credit: Jam Press
Advert
Credit: Jam Press
Credit: Jam Press

Amie says the blaze then caught her face, leaving her with burns on her right cheek.

She said: "I panicked and went and woke up my mum and she managed to put the fire out. After the whole incident I feel in so much shock.

"This could have been a lot worse if I was sleeping. At this point I am very scared to plug in my charger now."

Advert
Credit: Jam Press
Credit: Jam Press

Amie later shared pictures of the shocking scene on Facebook. In the post, she wrote: "So two a.m. this morning I was lying down as you do on my phone.

"Plugged in my charger and it set alight.

"My bed cover/duvet set on fire and also caught my face.

Advert

"This isn't even a cheap charger, it's an Apple charger.

"Please don't go to bed and leave your phone charging overnight.

"If I was asleep this could have been a lot worse and this could have set my whole family home up with all my family in.

"Please be aware this can happen to anyone and could be a lot worse - it's dangerous."

Advert

Her bedding set and charger can be seen covered in black burn marks, while her cheek has a patch of raw, burnt skin.

Credit: Jam Press
Credit: Jam Press

LADbible has contacted Apple for a comment.

In a statement to Birmingham Mail in response to Amie's claims, the company said: "Apple takes customer safety very seriously, is in touch with the customer and looking into the matter.

Advert

"Information on safe charging of Apple devices can be found here."

On the page, customers are advised to 'never charge your device when moisture is present, as this can cause fire, electric shock, injury or damage to your Apple product or other property'.

It also suggests that you should make sure your adapter is used in a 'well-ventilated area' because 'if used in a poorly ventilated space like near a sofa, under a blanket or on thick carpeting, the adapter might turn off to prevent overheating'.

Featured Image Credit: Jam Press

Topics: UK Community, Community, UK, Apple

Rebecca Shepherd
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Face Masks To Be Compulsory From Tuesday In England

2 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Family Of Youngest Astroworld Victim Decline Travis Scott Funeral Payment Offer

2 hours ago