Advert

Latest

Creators Of Australian Lamb Ads Unveil Cheeky Murals Of State Leaders Eating Together

Creators Of Australian Lamb Ads Unveil Cheeky Murals Of State Leaders Eating Together

published at42 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
Community

Mum Issues Warning After Husband's iPhone 'Explodes' Filling Home With Smoke

Mum Issues Warning After Husband's iPhone 'Explodes' Filling Home With Smoke

A mum-of-five has issued a warning after her husband suffered a burn to his hand when his iPhone suddenly 'exploded' in his pocket.

Tony Andrews, 42, was making toast for his children at their home in Whinmoor, Leeds, on Sunday, 2 August when he and his wife suddenly noticed the kitchen was filling up with smoke.

His wife Ruth Andrews posted about the incident in the a Facebook group, warning others of the potential dangers.

The damage to the phone. Credit: MEN Media
The damage to the phone. Credit: MEN Media
Advert

She later said: "All of a sudden we saw a massive cloud of smoke. This wasn't a little bit, it was a lot.

"At first I thought it was the toaster, but Tony moved to the other side of the kitchen and the smoke just followed him.

"He panicked because he was wearing shell shorts, like swimming shorts. I just froze. I didn't know what to do. I was thinking, 'He's going to set on fire here.'"

It was at that moment that Tony realised the smoke was coming from his Apple iPhone 8 Plus and he quickly grabbed it from his pocket and removed his shorts.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

​Nokia Voted As The Best Pre-iPhone Era Phone Brand

Advert
Credit: MEN Media
Credit: MEN Media
News

There Are Over 100 New Emojis Being Released On The iPhone Today

published at3 months ago

"The phone had just exploded," said Ruth, adding: "It was like hot coal and was completely melted. You can see all the burn marks inside.

"He literally only held it for a second, but he's got a burn to his hand. It's a bit of a blister and he's having to put Sudocrem on it. He's got a red mark on his leg as well."

The couple say the smoke quickly filled the entire four-bedroom house and they have had to air it out throughout the day as the smell was so bad.

Advert

Ruth has taken the phone to the Apple store and staff told her they would run tests before getting in touch - but the 40-year-old has been left concerned about what would have happened if they hadn't been so alert.

She continued: "I keep replaying all of the scenarios. What if he had been driving? What if it had happened overnight and we were all asleep? We've got five children in the house. Can you imagine?"

Apple has been approached for comment.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Phones and Gadgets, UK News, Technology, Community, Apple, iPhone

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Government Announces New £800 Fine For Those Who Attend House Parties
published at10 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

Netflix Has Confirmed There Will Be A Second Season Of Bridgerton

published at12 hours ago

Rebecca Shepherd

I'm Becky - a journalist at LADbible. I graduated with a First Class BA in Journalism before going on to cover criminal court cases, medical tribunals and breaking news for the national media - which inevitably and eventually became as glum as it sounds. Can often be found rocking a bag for life - which I made a 'thing' way before Rihanna. You can contact me at [email protected]