ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Brendan Fraser is unemployed just weeks after Oscars win
Home>Entertainment
Published 17:35 6 May 2023 GMT+1

Brendan Fraser is unemployed just weeks after Oscars win

The Oscar winner has no jobs lined up.

Ali Condon

Ali Condon

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Brendan Fraser was the man this awards season, stealing hearts in every interview and reducing everyone to floods of tears in every acceptance speech.

Not only did he make the comeback of the decade, but Brendan's performance in The Whale won an Oscar, a SAG Award, and a Critics Choice Award.

It was the beginning of a Brenaissance, if you will.

Advert

Typically, when an actor make a comeback like that, you'd expect them to be appearing in almost every major motion picture for the foreseeable.

But Brendan, 54, recently admitted that he has absolutely nothing lined up right now.

After starring in The Whale, Brendan also picked up a role in Martin Scorsese's upcoming film Killers of the Flower Moon alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, and Jesse Plemons.

But once filming wrapped on that, Brendan was pretty much unemployed, and has been ever since.

Speaking at Greenwich International Film Festival this week, the actor explained: "At the moment, I don’t have anything - I’m really being picky right now."

Asked if he had any plans in the works, he simply said: "It might be a long summer."

Brendan Fraser at the Oscars.
ZUMA Press, Inc./Alamy Stock Photo

Referring to the ongoing Writers Guild of America strike, he joked: "I read the trades the other day. Apparently, I'm going to have to pick up a picket sign."

Of course, fans of the Encino Man star needn't be too worried, since Brendan will be back on cinema screens soon with Killers of the Flower Moon set to premiere in a matter of weeks.

Although Brendan couldn't give much about the film away, he said: "I will tell you that I’m excited to see it myself.

"We were working in really hot weather in Oklahoma, and I can’t oversell my participation in this film because it’s epic.

"There’s so many actors in this movie when you see it. I’ll arrive for a scene or two at the end."

If that wasn't enough to get you hyped, Brendan absolutely raved about getting to work with Scorsese, telling the audience: "It's like my fantasies fulfilled at what it's like to be in a Renaissance master's studio."

Brendan Fraser at Venice International Film Festival last year.
Zuma Press/Alamy Stock Photo

Killers of the Flower Moon will have its world premiere at Canned Film Festival on May 20, but the rest of us will have to hold out until October 6, when it'll finally hit theatres.

While we're all waiting around for that, does anyone know any casting directors we could put Brendan in touch with?

Featured Image Credit: UPI / Alamy Moviestore Collection Ltd / Alamy

Topics: Brendan Fraser, TV and Film, Celebrity, Oscars

Ali Condon
Ali Condon

Ali is a journalist for LADbible Group, writing on all things film, music, and entertainment across Tyla, LADbible and UNILAD. You can contact Ali at [email protected].

X

@alicondon

Recommended reads

Mackenzie Shirilla shares expert testimony from dismissed appeal which 'proves she had medical episode'Instagram/Mackenzie ShirillaHeartbreak as parents abandon children ‘blindfolded in woods’ on fake treasure huntNewsflashFive UK areas issued urgent heat alerts as Brits braced for record breaking heatwaveGetty Stock ImagesBarclays, NatWest and Santander issue free £200 alert for simple lifestyle changeMike Kemp/In Pictures via Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

23 mins ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Instagram/Mackenzie Shirilla
    23 mins ago

    Mackenzie Shirilla shares expert testimony from dismissed appeal which 'proves she had medical episode'

    Mackenzie Shirilla's Instagram account shared screenshots from her appeal, as well as text messages with her boyfriend Dominic

    Entertainment
  • Disney
    2 hours ago

    Danny Dyer goes full-frontal nude in X-rated new Rivals episode

    Dyer admitted his daughters asked for 'time codes' so they could avoid his naked sex moments with Katherine Parkinson

    Entertainment
  • Theo Wargo/Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Tom Hardy 'fired from MobLand' ahead of season three

    A new report says he got into a major showdown with producers following the show's second season, and has since been fired

    Entertainment
  • Prime Video
    5 hours ago

    Jeremy Clarkson issues health update after being left ‘days from death’

    The Clarkson's Farm star had to go under the knife in late 2024

    Entertainment
  • Brendan Fraser's horrifying near-fatal accident on set of The Mummy as he's set to return for sequel after 17 years
  • Brendan Fraser lands first big role since Oscars win
  • Brendan Fraser wins Best Actor award at the Oscars
  • Brendan Fraser speaks out and thanks internet friends after winning Oscar