** UPDATE: SORRY LADS, TURGOOSE HAS SINCE REVEALED THAT THIS WAS ALL A JOKE - APPARENTLY HIS MATES GOT HOLD OF HIS PHONE AND DECIDED TO CARRY OUT TROLL US ALL; SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE INFO **
Thomas Turgoose has confirmed that there will be a This Is England '92.
SO I'VE GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU All! THIS IS ENGLAND 92 COMFIRMED!!!!!!
- La Goose (@ThomasTurgoose1) July 27, 2019
Posting on his Twitter account the star, who played Shaun in the film and subsequent spin-off series, told fans he had 'some news' before revealing that a new series was on the cards.
This Is England first hit the big screen all the way back in 2006 and centred on youngster Shaun growing up in the 1980s who gets pally with a bunch of skinheads.
The movie introduced us to some iconic characters, including Woody (played by Joseph Gilgun), Lol (Vicky McClure), Milky (Andrew Shim) and Smell (Rosamund Hanson). The film also starred Stephen Graham as Andrew 'Combo' Gascoigne.
Directed by Shane Meadows, the film proved to be a huge hit and spawned a bunch of spin-off TV series - This Is England '86, This Is England '88 and This Is England '90, so it seemed only a matter before we were all treated to another helping.
As yet, we're not sure who will be back for the upcoming series, other than Shaun/Turgoose, who clearly seems to be involved, but fellow cast-member McClure is certainly keen to by the sounds of things.
Earlier this year, she appeared on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show where she admitted she'd 'love to' do another one.
"I live really close to Shane," she said. "So we see each other and we speak and it's never like the first thing we talk about but it's always sort of mentioned.
"We both would love to do it. I'm sure all of the cast would love to do it. It's just not something that's on the cards at the moment so I wouldn't want to get anyone excited without it being set in stone. But he's got an idea and I've heard it and it would be incredible.
The actor also seemed to be pining for a new series back in 2015 when This Is England '90 aired, telling the Telegraph: "It makes me sad that I'm not going to play Lol and that we are not going to be in that gang again. I just hope that This Is England continues to be shared with younger generations and maybe one day there will be a reunion."
Update: Turgoose has since revealed that his 'confirmation' is not as it seems, having claimed some of his friends got hold of his phone and tweeted the fake news as a joke. Both the original tweet and Turgoose's updates explaining what had happened have since been deleted.
The supposed confirmation has also been shut down by director Shane Meadows - or rather, his people - with a tweet from the account 'run by the same person that runs Shane's official website' saying Turgoose had simply become 'delirious'.
"Here's an announcement for you... Don't believe everything you read on the internet," @ShadyMeadows tweeted.
"Mr Turgoose has become delirious. Please send assistance! NO CONFIRMATION OF ANY NEW THIS IS ENGLAND. Sorry."
Featured Image Credit: Channel 4