
The Inbetweeners is coming back for a Netflix reboot with almost all of the main cast set to return, but an old beef between two of the stars of the show is reportedly holding up plans.
The cast having stated for years that they are not interested in returning to the characters, however a new deal was struck with the production company behind the Channel 4 series and will supposedly see the core four lads back.
According to The Sun however, negotiations over the return of arguably the biggest celebrity to come out of The Inbetweeners show Emily Atack has stalled plans however, and it’s not surprising when you look at the history between her and the show.
Atack, who played Charlotte Hincliffe in The Inbetweeners and has spoken about the hurtful nickname fans continued to call her after the show ended, has gone on to star in Rivals and Nobody’s Fool, arguably the most successful post-show career of all the stars of the show.
Advert

This makes her schedule far busier than the main four who, outside of Simon Bird appearing in Friday Night Dinner and a mini reunion in White Gold, have not had the most busy TV and Film careers in the years since.
Atack’s trepidation to return however is not solely about fitting the movie into her schedule, but longstanding beef with her co-star James Buckley.
Appearing on a live recording of Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast in 2019 she was asked about why she was not invited to the disastrous Inbetweeners ‘reunion’ Fwends Reunited, seeming to be unable to say why and stating that there was ‘snobbery’ involved. Herring made references to her having a poor relationship with Buckley and it was later revealed in reports that James Buckley had been the one who barred her from appearing.

The Jay actor had told producers it was ‘her or me’ about Atack due to a supposed previously short-lived fling between the pair when they were on the show.
Buckley has been married to Clair Buckley since 2012, sharing a podcast together, and supposedly wasn’t keen on appearing next to Atack on the reunion due to this history. This was made even worse however due to the fact that she only got the call 24 hours before she was set to appear for the reunion show’s taping.
Per The Sun’s new report this has left her unsure on if she wants to return – with Netflix and producers likely wanting to take advantage of her newfound fame by having her appear in a third film.

Atack has not appeared in either of the two films, and her return as Charlotte would make a great hook in-and-of-itself for a reunion to see her reunite with Simon Bird’s Will.
Buckley agreeing to return for the third film is itself a U-Turn from the actor, who had previously stated he had no interest in re-appearing as Jay.
Speaking on The Chris Moyles Show, he said he would ‘say no’ to a reunion, adding: “Not because I don't think I would have an amazing time doing it, because I know I would. I love the boys, I love the writers. Doing The Inbetweeners was the best job in the world.
“As I'm getting older, it's looking like it might be the only thing that I do professionally that is universally loved. There's not enough money in the world for me to spoil that."
LADbible have contacted reps for Netflix, James Buckley, and Emily Atack for comment.
Topics: The Inbetweeners, Netflix, Emily Atack, James Buckley, Celebrity