ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Chase Star Mark Labbett Has A New Job After The Beast Was Axed From US Show
Home>Entertainment
Updated 12:19 2 Aug 2022 GMT+1Published 12:17 2 Aug 2022 GMT+1

Chase Star Mark Labbett Has A New Job After The Beast Was Axed From US Show

Fans were distraught when he revealed that he wasn't returning to the series

Dominic Smithers

Dominic Smithers

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Mark Labbett has revealed he has a new job after getting axed from The Chase in the US.

Fans were shocked when it was revealed the 56-year-old had not been asked to return for another season of the US show.

He had starred on the series when it aired on Game Show Network (GSN) from 2013 to 2015 on GSN, and then later on ABC's version in 2021.

However, earlier this year, it was announced that he would not be coming back.

Advert

Writing on Twitter, Labbett said: "Gutted to not be invited back but really excited at the new lineup. I am expecting Brandon and Victoria to wow America!"

When asked why he wasn't returning, the quizzer added: "They just didn’t renew me. No reason was offered."


Too late, I work for GSN now :)

— Mark Labbett (@MarkLabbett) July 31, 2022

According to reports, the show has been struggling for viewers in recent months, with a huge drop in audience figures.

And it left fans asking for one thing: the return of The Beast.

"Bring back @MarkLabbett!" cried a TV exec.

But according to the man himself, this won't be happening, because he's moved on.

Replying to the message, Labbett said: "Too late, I work for GSN now."

Labbett has been a constant on the UK version of the show since it first aired in 2009.

Alongside Shaun Wallace and Anne Hegerty, he has put paid to many a contestant's hopes of winning a huge cash prize.

But sometimes it can get a little too much for them.

The Beast once got so angry at losing out to a group of players that he punched a wall and broke part of the set.

Apologising for his behaviour, Labbett wrote on Twitter, saying: "Apologies to those of you disappointed with my behaviour tonight.

The Beast has a new job.
ITV

"My mental health was shot before that game, it was storm off or break down in tears.

"A remorseless diet of quality opponents didn’t help #thechase."

Earlier this year, Labbett also spoke out about the behaviour of another Chaser.

Hegerty, known by fans of the show as 'The Governess', was forced to stop recording the series after contracting Covid-19, so they recruited Issa 'The Supernerd' Schultz, who stars on the Australian version of the show.

However, after some noticed that Schultz appeared to be pretty quiet, Labbett took to social media to offer an explanation.

He wrote: "In case you think @Issa25 is quiet, he got off the plane from Australia a few hours before we recorded this #jetlag #BeatTheChasers."

Featured Image Credit: WENN Rights Ltd / Alamy Stock Photo / ITV

Topics: The Chase, UK News, TV and Film

Dominic Smithers
Dominic Smithers

Dominic Smithers is LADbible's Editorial Lead. After graduating from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History, he went on to write for the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express. So as you can imagine, he’s spent many a night wondering just how useful that second language has been. But c'est la vie.

X

@SmithersDom

Recommended reads

First pictures revealed of inside ‘shark cave’ where five divers tragically drownedInstagram/Dan EuropeRosamund Pike reveals 'intense' weight loss she underwent for Gone Girl that turned her body 'into a chemistry lab'20th Century FoxAbbey Romeo issues update as beloved Love on the Spectrum couple break up after five years togetherPresley Ann/Getty Images for NetflixHow Nicholas Cage blew $150 million fortune and was left on brink of bankruptcy despite stardomAmy Sussman/Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

15 mins ago
an hour ago
  • 20th Century Fox
    15 mins ago

    Rosamund Pike reveals 'intense' weight loss she underwent for Gone Girl that turned her body 'into a chemistry lab'

    Pike was nominated for her only Oscar for the role, but was made to lose a large amount of weight three times during filming

    Entertainment
  • Presley Ann/Getty Images for Netflix
    an hour ago

    Abbey Romeo issues update as beloved Love on the Spectrum couple break up after five years together

    The Netflix star cited Beyoncé as she spoke about life without David, the milk to her chardonnay

    Entertainment
  • Amy Sussman/Getty
    an hour ago

    How Nicholas Cage blew $150 million fortune and was left on brink of bankruptcy despite stardom

    The actor admitted he even took on 'crummy' movies as he worked to pay off his debts

    Entertainment
  • Pete Still/Redferns
    an hour ago

    Freddie Mercury left final gift to daughter that was hidden away for 48 years

    His alleged daughter first spoke up last year to suggest Mercury was her father

    Entertainment
  • Virgin Island season one star Emma reveals she has lost her virginity after show
  • Ginny Weasley actor's family issue statement as they pull her from new Harry Potter show
  • People are only just working out how Mark Labbett got nickname 'The Beast' on The Chase
  • The Boys finale was always going to fail as it makes a mistake that ruins it