If you've had a little scroll through Twitter, then you may have been surprised to see #BabyYoda trending.
Unless of course you're signed up to the Disney+ streaming service, in which case you'll know exactly what all the fuss is about.
The platform launched in the USA, Netherlands and Canada on Tuesday and two episodes of The Mandalorian have been released so far. The series is set in the Star Wars universe, five years after the events of Return of the Jedi, and follows the adventures of Mandalorian bounty hunter Dyn Jarren.
The series has been well-received by fans so far, however, one character has stolen the show - a certain 'Baby Yoda'.
To clarify, the character isn't actually called Baby Yoda, nor is it the Yoda we all know in baby form, as the series is set after his death.
The character is in fact just a younger version of the same species, though we don't know the name of Yoda's species for some reason. Indeed, he isn't even a baby, he's 50-years-old - but this is young relatively speaking, when you consider Yoda died at the ripe old age of 900.
Anyway, while we don't really know what his proper name is, what we do know for sure is that he is damn cute.
So cute is he, that many people on social media have expressed their willingness to die for the character and riot should he come to any harm.
The below tweets pretty much encapsulate the extreme feelings people have for the little fella:
i would take a bullet for u #babyyoda pic.twitter.com/dSF1nFxXwA
- k a t e :blossom: (@heykater) November 16, 2019
Experienced baby fever for the first time ever today while watching baby yoda. If anything happens to him, be ready to see the entire world burn.#BabyYoda #TheMandalorian pic.twitter.com/gBvvGg2Mtv
- justine. (@sch_mittens) November 16, 2019
If your partner does not find #BabyYoda adorable that is a sign from the universe that it is time to move on. May the Force be with you.
- Wajahat "Abu Khadija" Ali (@WajahatAli) November 16, 2019
I can't handle how cute #BabyYoda is in #TheMandalorian :sob::sob: like it's actually distracting. pic.twitter.com/mPSR7kGq03
- Hannah Blacksmith (@hannahmidori_b) November 16, 2019
I CANT DO IT ANYMORE JUST LOOK AT HIM OH MY GOD #babyyoda pic.twitter.com/xAcZ5iOqQt
- thebiggestyikes (@ToofyTB) November 16, 2019
So yeah, here's hoping creator Jon Favreau hasn't devised any plot lines involving both Baby Yoda and peril - otherwise it looks like riot police are going to feel the force of the people.
Featured Image Credit: Disney
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Sees Baby Yoda Evolve Into 'Powerful Meme'
- George Lucas Holds Baby Yoda On Set Of Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- People Have New Found Respect For Hospitality Workers After Watching Boiling Point
- The Watcher fans are all reporting similar creepy feelings after watching Netflix's true crime drama