• iconNews
  • videos
  • entertainment
  • Home
  • News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • Australia
    • Ireland
    • World News
    • Weird News
    • Viral News
    • Sport
    • Technology
    • Science
    • True Crime
    • Travel
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV & Film
    • Netflix
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • TikTok
  • LAD Originals
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • Lad Files
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Extinct
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube

LAD Entertainment

YouTube

LAD Stories

Submit Your Content
Charles Bronson Says He Hopes To Be Out Of Prison 'By Christmas'

Home> News

Updated 20:27 14 Jul 2022 GMT+1Published 18:43 14 Jul 2022 GMT+1

Charles Bronson Says He Hopes To Be Out Of Prison 'By Christmas'

He has launched a bid for a public parole hearing

Claire Reid

Claire Reid

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: UK News, Crime

Claire Reid
Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]

Advert

Advert

Advert

Notorious prisoner Charles Bronson has said he hopes to be out for Christmas as he launches a bid for Britain’s first public parole hearing. 

The 69-year-old has spent decades behind bars, but revealed he was applying for a public parole hearing when applications open later this month. 

In an interview with the Mirror, the infamous convict, who now goes by the name Charles Arthur Salvador, said authorities ‘start playing games’ whenever his parole comes up and claimed he had been made to wait ‘two-and-a-half years’ to be heard. 

He told the news outlet: “They have now said it's been put back again to December 12 so by the time I go up, if I go up, as it's possible they could put it back again, that will have been three years of my life I may not have had to serve."

Advert

Charles Bronson hopes to be released later this year.
Channel 5

He added: “It could be because I'm going to have a public hearing, which I've fought for and I'm going to get.”

He previously said he hopes to have a public hearing so he can ‘expose the system’ and says he is eager to get his ‘side of the story’ out. 

He now has his hopes pinned on being released before Christmas, saying that would ‘be nice’. 

“For once in my life I’ve fought the right way,” he continued. 

Advert

“I’ve swallowed my humble pie, wiped my mouth, I haven’t attacked anyone for years, I’m just an artist.” 

Bronson, who turns 70 later this year, went on to insist that he’s not a ‘dangerous man’ and that he's 'not a danger to anybody'.

If released, he says, he could go to schools and urge children to stay away from crime. 

Earlier this month, his lawyer Dean Kingham called on Justice Secretary Dominic Raab to grant a pardon. 

He wrote: “You have the power under the Prerogative of Mercy to grant Mr Salvador's release without requiring him to go in front of the Parole Board.

Advert

“He has not been violent for a significant number of years and his risk is primarily towards prison governors. The evidence in excess of the last five years is clear that his risk of violence has significantly reduced.

Bronson is known for his violent assaults.
Alamy

“The argument is that if he's been able to demonstrate that he's not violent in very high-risk situations in custody towards staff, governors, etc. then the risk falls away if he's released into the public because historically, whilst there was a risk to the public, it's never been as severe as that towards prison staff and governors.

“There is very good psychological research evidence that as someone ages the risk of violence decreases.

“When someone approaches 70 the research shows that the risk drops off to zero. Now, he's at that age bracket.

Advert

“The Parole Board regularly releases people that have been convicted of murder. The whole process is based on reduction of risk.”

  • Britain's most notorious prisoner Charles Bronson could be released in months
  • Horrific tale of only human to be killed by dolphin as urgent UK warning issued
  • Mother-in-law of woman who 'poisoned Christmas cake' speaks out for first time since she was found dead in prison
  • Woman who was held captive in soundproof bunker by stalker of 13 years speaks out about terrifying experience

Choose your content:

13 mins ago
26 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Chip Somodevilla/Getty ImagesChip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    13 mins ago

    Why people thought Donald Trump had died as sick rumour went viral

    The great internet death hoax claimed the President of the United States

    News
  • Women's Super LeagueWomen's Super League
    26 mins ago

    Female rugby player immediately sent off after comment she made to male referee

    Sinead Peach was sent packing after riling up the referee

    News
  • Facebook/Travis DeckerFacebook/Travis Decker
    an hour ago

    Police make worrying discovery in hunt for dad suspected of killing three daughters

    Authorities have conducted extensive searches for Travis Decker, 33, over the last three months

    News
  • Ministerio de Cultura de PerúMinisterio de Cultura de Perú
    2 hours ago

    Violent history of uncontacted tribe forced to make worrying move as experts issue warning

    The Indigenous Mashco Piro are considered as one of the largest uncontacted group in the world

    News