Greta Thunberg responds to Andrew Tate’s arrest and absolutely savages him once again
| Last updated
The environmental activist, 19, took a swipe at the controversial social media personality, 36, after he said he wouldn't recycle the pizza boxes that seemingly led to his arrest.
On Wednesday (28 December), Tate decided to throw shots at Thunberg by bragging about the pollution caused by his collection of cars.
He tweeted: “Hello @GretaThunberg I have 33 cars. My Bugatti has a w16 8.0L quad turbo. My TWO Ferrari 812 competizione have 6.5L v12s.
"This is just the start. Please provide your email address so I can send a complete list of my car collection and their respective enormous emissions."
The Time's 100 Most Influential People honouree came back with crushing reply: "Yes, please do enlighten me. Email me at smalld**[email protected]."
Following her savage response to Tate earlier this week, Thunberg returned to the social media platform today (30 December) following Tate's arrest.
She tweeted: "This is what happens when you don’t recycle your pizza boxes."
It should come as no surprise that people online are loving Thunberg's shady response. One Twitter responded to Thunberg's tweet and said: "Frantically googling how to nominate someone for Nobel prize for a second time.."
While another person joked: "In Mortal Kombat, we call this tweet fatality."
A third Twitter user quipped: "Is this type of burn climate neutral?"
And a fourth shared a GIF of Barack Obama's iconic mic-drop and tweeted: "Oh no she didn't... Mic dropped."
Thunberg's troll tweet comes after the former Big Brother contestant was taken into custody on Thursday (29 December) after seemingly revealing his location accidentally to Romanian authorities due to the pizza boxes seen in his response video on Twitter.
He is now being questioned over alleged involvement in human trafficking and rape.
Tate was arrested alongside his young brother Tristan. They were taken into custody after authorities raided their Pipera home, in the northern edge of Bucharest.
The Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism (DIICOT) was in charge of the arrest operation.
DIICOT released a statement, saying: "The prosecutors of the Directorate for the Investigation of Organized Crime and Terrorism - Central Structure together with police officers from the Bucharest Organized Crime Brigade implemented 5 home search warrants in a case in which investigations under the aspect of committing the crimes of constituting an organized criminal group, human trafficking and rape.
"Victims were recruited by British citizens by misrepresenting their intention to enter into a marriage/cohabitation relationship and the existence of genuine feelings of love (the loverboy method).
"They were later transported and housed in buildings in Ilfov county where, by exercising acts of physical violence and mental coercion (through intimidation, constant surveillance, control and invoking alleged debts), they were sexually exploited by group members by forcing them to perform pornographic demonstrations for the purpose of producing and disseminating through social media platforms material having such a character and by submitting to the execution of a forced labour."
According to the Daily Mail, Romanian prosecutors believe this alleged criminal group 'sexually exploited at least six women'.
A spokesperson for Andrew Tate told the news outlet: "We cannot provide any details at the moment regarding alleged reports that they have been detained; however, Andrew and Tristan Tate have the utmost respect for the Romanian authorities and will always assist and help in any way they can.