Julius Francis has spoken out on 'what went down' after his brutal KO in London went viral. If you still haven't seen it, check it out below:
Francis was working as a security guard at Boxpark Wembley and was filmed knocking out a rowdy visitor with just a single punch.
The ex-boxer, who fought Mike Tyson in 2000, intervened after the man in a blue durag was seen shoving staff and hurling abuse.
As shown in the viral footage, the man was shouting: "I hope you have a heart attack, you fat ****," as well as pushing a member of staff.
Despite attempts to remove the rowdy customer from the area, the 57-year-old ex-fighter opted to knock him out with a right hook.
Francis explained to TMZ: "I was arrested and rightly so. I was taken to the police station for about four-and-a-half hours.
"They came back and said ‘no further action’. They had statements from my manager, people at the door and they looked at our CCTV.
"I wasn’t worried so much about that because it was actually me defending myself. I had the right to defend myself and that’s what I did when he raised his hands."
Metropolitan Police launched an investigation but have since said this has been dropped.
However, Francis has admitted that his license has been temporarily suspended by the UK's Security Industry Authority (SIA).
He added: "What actually has happened [is] the SIA... they have actually suspended my license to work, so I can't work at the moment anyway.
"So I'm just trying to get that sorted, and then hopefully [I'll be] back on the doors as soon as possible you know, get back to work."
In the meantime, Francis says he wouldn't mind a rematch with Iron Mike Tyson.
"If there is a promoter that’s willing to promote a sanctioned fight," Julius said, "and, I never have liked talking about money, but [if] they could come up with a decent offer, then who knows?"
In a previous statement, the Met said: “We are aware of footage circulating on social media showing an incident involving security staff and a member of the public outside Boxpark in Wembley.
“The incident took place shortly after 17.00hrs on Saturday 11 June. Officers were called and attended the venue.
“A group had been ejected and one male customer had become involved in a confrontation with security staff.
“Officers have spoken to all parties involved and have reviewed relevant CCTV. No further action will be taken in relation to the incident involving the security guard and male customer.”
Featured Image Credit: @gloryglorytott/Twitter
- Mike Tyson Admits Plane 'Incident' After Footage Of Him Punching Passenger Went Viral
- Mike Tyson Would KO Sparring Partners Quickly To Get Home To Watch Tom And Jerry, Says Ex-Bodyguard
- Mike Tyson Speaks Out About What Happened On Flight Where Fan Was Hit
- Mike Tyson Responds To Reports Of £36 Million Jake Paul Fight ‘Agreement’