People Go Wild For Fairy Bread Cob Loaf Recipe
Fairy Bread is a pretty integral part of Australia's culinary culture.
Don't ask us why we seem to absolutely rave about white bread with butter and 100's and 1000's but it's bloody delicious and will feature at pretty much every kid's birthday party.
But if you want to take your fairy bread game up a notch then you have to try the cob loaf.
Taste.com has unveiled the recipe and method to the madness that is the Fairy Bread Cob Loaf that will likely make you the envy of every parent in Australia.
You will need the following:
More Like ThisMore Like This
- 1 large cob loaf
- 160g (1 cup) Nestlé Bakers' Choice White Choc Melts
- 80g Nestlé Milkybar white chocolate block, chopped
- 40g (1/3 cup) hundreds and thousands
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops pink gel food colouring
- Marshmallows, to serve
- Pocky strawberry biscuit sticks, to serve
- Sour straps, to serve
- White freckles, to serve
- Wafer biscuits, to serve
- Strawberries, hulled, sliced, to serve
Okay, now for the method and we're going to warn you that there are quite the number of steps to bringing this bad boy to life.
- Use a serrated knife to slice 4cm off the top of the cob. Scoop out the bread inside, leaving a 1cm-thick shell. Pull the excess bread from the lid. (Reserve bread for another use). Slice the top into 16 wedges.
- Place the melts and Milkybar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Use a spoon to drizzle some of the chocolate mixture over the rim of the cob. Lift and tilt the cob slightly to drizzle the chocolate down the side to form drips. Sprinkle some of the hundreds and thousands onto the chocolate.
- Dip the bread wedges into the remaining chocolate and place onto paper-lined tray. Sprinkle with the remaining hundreds and thousands. Set aside until set.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the cream and vanilla. Beat until thick. Add the food gel and beat to combine. Spoon the mixture into the cob.
- Thread marshmallows onto Pocky sticks and stick into the cream cheese dip. Serve with the fairy bread wedges, sour straps, freckles, wafer biscuits and strawberries.
Once that's all done, you're ready to show off to your friends and make all the other kids burst into tears that they'll never have something so special done in their home.
Featured Image Credit: Taste.com
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read