Advert

Woman Reveals How She Nearly Died Because Of Her Vibrator

Published 

Woman Reveals How She Nearly Died Because Of Her Vibrator

A woman has opened up on the embarrassing moment that nearly cost her her life.

The candid woman posted onto Reddit about the time she accidentally left her vibrator going all night while she slept.

While you might think a sex toy being permitted to run rampant would only produce a few laughs, it could have ended terribly for her.

The woman in question plugged the machine into the socket to be charged after being used and she left it there for weeks.

Advert

She wrote: "I woke up with the thing going beside me because I got super drunk last night and rolled on top of it which flicked it on. It's completely melted and my whole apartment smells like burnt plastic.

"I honestly think it was minutes away from setting my whole apartment on fire, which is both embarrassing and terrifying. Moral of the story always unplug your vibrator."

Credit: Sony Pictures Releasing
Credit: Sony Pictures Releasing

The woman was comforted by loads of people on Reddit who encouraged her to contact the maker of the device as that should definitely not have happened if it was just on charge.

Advert

A concerned reader said: "It's worth a try contacting customer care to see if she can get anything out of it and possibly improve product quality through feedback.

"It might be different in other countries, but if you buy something electrical like this in the UK there are usually more built in measures in place to stop things like this happening."

But it seems like these types of vibrator-related misadventures aren't all that uncommon.

Another woman explained how she nearly died while trying to use her device six months ago.

Advert

The user explained how her magic wand muscle massager was still 'very powerful and very effective' after years of use. However, the machine was clearly showing its age and had several exposed wires coming out of it.

"Today I was feeling frisky so I decided to give it a whirl," she said. "I plugged it in and turned it on, and sparks just started flying out of it. I grabbed the cord and unplugged it as fast as I could, but it managed to burn a hole in my comforter.

"I know I'm an idiot. My boyfriend works in electronics, and said that it had enough volts that it could have killed me (akin to dropping a toaster in the bath-electrocution). Or at least cause me some serious burns."

So be aware that you should read the manual if you use one of these devices so you know what to do with it.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Viral, News

Stewart Perrie
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Stephen Graham Almost Quit Acting Following ‘Combo’ Role In This Is England

a day ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

Reporter Asks Gillian Anderson If She Spoke To Margaret Thatcher About Crown Role

2 days ago