ladbible logo

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Sister of man who died after drinking 22 shots in 90 minutes at Polish strip club demands justice

Sister of man who died after drinking 22 shots in 90 minutes at Polish strip club demands justice

Mark Cocks died after drinking 22 shots in 90 minutes at a Polish strip club in 2017

Following the death of a British tourist in 2017, his sister has now spoken about their family's demand for justice.

Mark Cocks, 36, was given to drink 22 shots of alcohol within 90 minutes at the Wild Night strip club in Krakow, Poland.

He ultimately died as a result of alcohol poisoning, with Poland's National Prosecutor's Office saying that he had a lethal blood-alcohol content of at least 0.4 percent at the time of his death.

Polish authorities also claimed that the staff stole PLN 2,200 (£420) in cash from him after he collapsed.

And now, seven people have been arrested on suspicion of being part of an organised crime gang who are alleged to be behind a series of deaths involving foreigners visiting the area.

Mark Cocks died of alcohol poisoning.
Evening Gazette

A total of 58 individuals have also charged for allegedly being part of an organised crime group after several clubs were raided, including Wild Night, as confirmed by local police.

More than 700 criminal charges have been filed against the group, according to the Polish Central Police Investigation Bureau (CBSP), who also claimed the group worked to get customers drunk before robbing them.

Mark visited the club while on holiday with a friend.

It was claimed that he was already drunk before entering the club and had attempted to refuse any additional drinks to avoid getting more intoxicated.

However, investigators say he was given the shots in less than two hours.

"One of the leads investigated by the investigators in the case concerns the victim who was driven to a state of intoxication, causing loss of consciousness, and then death as a result of acute alcohol poisoning," a statement from CBSP explained.

"The man was not given medical assistance during the incident. Provisional arrests were made against those suspected of this act."

The investigation into the alleged crimes is ongoing.

Seven people have been arrested under suspicion of being apart of an organized crime group.
Newsflash

Mark's sister, Samantha told The Sun that the claims of him being intoxicated was not true and that 'nobody was being held accountable' for causing her brother’s death.

Samantha also alleged that her family had not been kept up to date with the police investigations, which has led to her family feeling 'forgotten' about during the ordeal.

She said: "The last we heard from the serious crime squad - who were investigating Mark's death and dealing with the inquest - was that they weren't looking into the crimes and goings on in those establishments.

"So why is this coming out now?"

She also left a comment under the club's review page, saying: "My brother's death in this vile establishment needs to be made aware of!"

Mark was on holiday in Poland when he died.
Evening Gazette

At the time of his death, Mark’s mother, Pat told Teesside Live: ”He didn’t have a bad word about anyone, and nobody had a bad word about him.”

And his dad, Graham, called him 'Leeds United mad', adding: "That was my fault, and he loved going to see them, we had season tickets and we watched them win the Championship in 1992.

“He had loads of mates at work and he was popular all over Loftus. He loved his holidays, and he was always socialising.

“He was a hard working lad, he used to do overtime on the weekends because he knew he had to, if he wanted to enjoy himself.”

Featured Image Credit: Evening Gazette/Newsflash

Topics: News, UK News