To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

More than 140 British tourists launch legal action over illness at luxury resort

More than 140 British tourists launch legal action over illness at luxury resort

Dozens of people have reported feeling unwell during their stay at the resort in Turkey

Over 140 British tourists are taking legal action after they fell ill during their trip to a luxury resort.

Dozens of holidaymakers claim that they contracted a bug during their stay at the Mukarnas Resort and Spa in Antalya, Turkey.

According to the group, they were served a lukewarm buffet, which was allegedly surrounded by flies, while the toilets at the resort were branded 'disgusting'.

A large group of holidaymakers have now launched legal action, instructing lawyers to investigate their claims.

Just a few days into their holiday, which they had booked through Jet2, Julie O’Sullivan, 45, her partner Gary Hunt, 46 and their two teenage children, Harry and Hannah began feeling sick.

"It was awful, as we spent most of our holiday in our room, unable to enjoy any day trips," said Julie.

Gary and Julie claimed they spent most of their holiday bed-bound.

"The whole holiday was a complete disaster and it’s still upsetting to think about it now.

"When I think back, there were flies in the restaurant area and a lot of the food at the buffet was left uncovered, which allowed flies to get to the food.

"I also noticed that when children were being sick outside, it was often left there for hours, or just swept into the drain or pool, meaning that guests were sometimes accidentally standing in it.

"The hand sanitiser in the machine on entry to the restaurant was often also empty.

"The toilets were also left in a disgusting state, and I complained about this several times, but I never saw them cleaned during the day even though people were being sick and having diarrhoea.

"We feel this is totally unacceptable for a five-star resort."

Luckily, Hannah started to feel better when they returned home, although her brother and parents continued to feel unwell several days after.

Julie and Harry have since been prescribed medication to help with their sickness.

More than 140 people said they fell ill during their stay at the Mukarnas Resort and Spa.

"We can’t turn back the clock and change what we went through, but we want some answers and to know that something’s being done to help stop it happening again in the future," said the mum.

Lauren Scott, 27, and James Beard, 42, of Wigan, who also reportedly suffered with sickness, claimed that they saw poo in the swimming pool during their trip.

And Mark Clifton, 38, an electrician from Yeovil, Somerset, was left bed-bound with his partner and two children during their holiday.

Jennifer Hodgson is an international serious injury lawyer at Irwin Mitchell and is representing those affected.

She said: "We now represent more than 140 people who stayed at the Mukarnas Resort and Spa this summer and understandably have many questions about how they fell ill.

"If any issues are identified, we urge that lessons are learned to help prevent other holidaymakers falling ill in the future."

LADbible has contacted the Mukarnas Resort and Spa for a comment.

Featured Image Credit: SWNS/Google Maps

Topics: UK News, Travel