• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Family Hospitalised After Using Barbeque To Cook Breakfast Inside Tent

James Dawson

Published 
| Last updated 

Family Hospitalised After Using Barbeque To Cook Breakfast Inside Tent

Stock image used. Credit: PA Images

A family has been hospitalised after using a barbecue inside a tent because it was raining outside.

Five people have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after becoming ill when they chose to cook their breakfast inside the tent due to the bad weather.

Firefighters and South Western Ambulance service arrived around 9.20am to the tent pitched close to the B3266, north of Camelford, Cornwall.

A Cornwall Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "It appears that breakfast was being cooked on a barbecue outside the tent.

"When it started to rain, the barbecue was taken inside the tent to continue the cooking.

"After a relatively short time, two of the occupants became unwell, prompting the call to the ambulance service.

"In total, a family of five people were conveyed to hospital by ambulance to be checked for the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning."

It is dangerous to take a smouldering or lit BBQ into a tent, caravan or cabin.

Topics: BBQ, Breakfast

James Dawson
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Community

Man convinced he was on The Truman Show explains the 'signs' he saw that made him think that

8 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Dad jailed for 22 months while would-be burglars 'escape justice' thanks public for support

18 hours ago