Girl, 3, In Critical Condition After Swallowing Ecstasy Pill In Ibiza
A three-year-old is in a critical condition after reportedly swallowing an ecstasy tablet that had been dropped in a playground at an Ibiza holiday resort.
The girl was on holiday with her family when she is reported to have found the tablet and eaten it after mistaking it for a sweet, Civil Guard investigators have said.
The incident happened in a kids' park in Santa Eulalia, on the east coast of the island.
The girl, who is reported to be Russian, was taken to the Can Misses Hospital yesterday morning but was then airlifted to Son Espases Hospital on the neighbouring island of Majorca due to the seriousness of her condition.
She is currently in paediatric intensive care.
A Civil Guard spokesperson said: "She was on holiday in Ibiza. Tests have confirmed it was an ecstasy tablet and investigators are working on the theory someone had dropped it in the park and the little girl mistook it for a sweet."
Investigators are now speaking to the girl's family and other witnesses who may have seen what happened.
More to follow...
Featured Image Credit: PA
Topics: World News