Mystery Black Substance Dripping Into Flat Turns Out To Be Blood From Dead Body Upstairs
Two men were left scratching their heads after a black, sticky, tar-like substance and a 'horrible smell' emerged from the apartment above them. The liquid was later discovered to be blood from a man who had died more than a week before.
AJ McCrady initially tweeted a picture of the blood streaks on the wall of the flat he shares with Evin Schultz in Minneapolis, US. He captioned the image: "My apartment has smelt horrible recently and I just found out the guy living above me has been dead for over a week...
"And before you ask, his body was just discovered after his blood leaked down the ceiling into our apartment this morning."
Looking like a scene straight out of a Netflix true crime series, the tweet soon garnered a lot of attention online, with many calling on AJ to elaborate on the story further.
AJ added: "All I really know of the situation is the man upstairs died in his sleep.
"His body decomposed and somehow managed to seep into our apartment. We've had leaking in our bathroom so when we saw this we called maintenance immediately.
"Maintenance stopped by and had no idea what the hell it could be. He wiped off a little on the wall to examine it and still really couldn't determine anything.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"He went upstairs into the apartment above to see if they had the same problem and that's when the body got discovered."
Later on, AJ posted a picture of the man's apartment door, writing: "His apartment is blocked off too."
Although the man's identity and cause of death are yet to be released, Minneapolis police spokesperson John Elder said initial investigations confirmed nothing appeared suspicious.
However, after a number of users complained to Evin, dubbing him 'insensitive', he later reminded commenters that he didn't know the details of the situation when posting the video.
Update: the tenant above me died, I repeat DIED 2 weeks ago and it. Was. His. blood!!!! pic.twitter.com/epnjKUZKME
- Evin Schultz (@piggyyazalea) February 5, 2020
He wrote: "In the time the video was recorded I had no clue what the substance coming from the wall and was shocked to find out what it was - from my end was somewhat 'traumatic'.
"Having your upstairs neighbour coming down thru your walls. This wasn't meant to be something that went this far, nor meant to be in any way disrespectful."
Featured Image Credit: Twitter/@daddyallenjoel
Topics: US News
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read