To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
Prime Minister Boris Johnson and wife Carrie have announced 'the birth of a healthy baby girl at a London hospital earlier today'.
In a statement, a spokeswoman for the couple said: “The Prime Minister and Mrs Johnson are delighted to announce the birth of a healthy baby girl at a London hospital earlier today.
“Both mother and daughter are doing very well. The couple would like to thank the brilliant NHS maternity team for all their care and support.”
The news comes after the pair welcomed their first child (together) - a baby boy they called Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson.
Carrie Johnson - previously Symonds - gave birth to their son back in May 2020. The couple then married on 29 May 2021.
In July, Carrie announced her second pregnancy on Instagram when she also revealed that she'd miscarried at the beginning of the year which left her 'heartbroken'.
In her post, she wrote: "I feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant again but I've also felt like a bag of nerves.
"Fertility issues can be really hard for many people, particularly when on platforms like Instagram it can look like everything is only ever going well.
"I found it a real comfort to hear from people who had also experienced loss so I hope that in some very small way sharing this might help others too."
Just yesterday, Boris spoke at Prime Minister's Questions where he apologised to the public after a video emerged appearing to show senior Downing Street staff joking about an alleged Christmas party in Number 10 last year.
Speaking in the House of Commons, Johnson said that he understood the public’s outrage at the video, which was taken whilst Covid-19 restrictions were in place stopping families from meeting over Christmas, and said he was ‘furious’ himself.
He also said that a full internal investigation would be conducted into what happened, and those found to have acted inappropriately would face consequences.
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer called for all information regarding the alleged December 18 gathering to be passed to the Metropolitan Police for investigation.
Whilst Johnson apologised to the public for the video that emerged, he stopped short of apologising for the alleged party, repeating his denial that any rules were broken.