Controversial TikToker Mizzy sentenced after pleading guilty to entering stranger's home uninvited
| Last updated
TikToker Mizzy has pleaded guilty to failing to comply with a Community Protection Notice.
Mizzy, real name Bacari-Bronze O'Garro, appeared in Thames Magistrates' Court today (Wednesday, 24 May).
Police began searching for the 18-year-old after he shared multiple videos of himself 'pranking' people online - including entering a home uninvited, getting into an Uber and pretending to be the correct rider and ripping up a library's books.
The TikToker handed himself into the police following the video of him going into someone's home and was charged yesterday with failing to comply with a community protection notice issued last May.
O'Garro's charges relate to one of his TikTok videos showing him 'walking into random house' with two other people and giving his followers a 'tour' despite the home being occupied and him not seemingly having asked for permission.
O'Garro talks to a man in the house, pretending to be there for a 'study group,' before sitting down on the sofa and eventually leaving the property after being told there are children inside.
Despite conducting the videos as 'pranks,' not many social media users have seen the funny side.
One Twitter user said: "My Mizzy take is that a couple of weeks ago a kid offered to slice me up on a Sunday morning in a supermarket (he was threatening the staff, I stopped to take his picture) and when the cops showed it turned out he had a knife. So I'm not very sympathetic to 'It's just a prank'."
In a statement to the public, Central East Command Unit's Detective Chief Superintendent Conway noted: "Understandably there has been extensive comment on this case in the media and on social media.
"Now that an individual has been charged, I would ask that the judicial process be respected and allowed to take its proper course."
Today, O'Garro was issued with a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) for a period of two years, expiring in May 2025.
The CBO prohibits the 18-year-old from ' trespassing into any private property, including residential homes, business properties, school and retail outlets; uploading directly or indirectly any original video content on social media including but not limited to; Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube without prior documented consent of the people in that content; and attending Westfield Stratford City'.
The 18-year-old's sentence was 'time served in custody on remand' and he was fined £200, an £85 victim surcharge and £80 costs, as per Hackney Police - all in relation to the video of him entering someone's home.
Det Ch Supt James Conway said: "The CBO issued is a powerful measure designed to prevent behaviour which has caused alarm and distress to our communities.
"If the conditions are breached, at any point over the two year period, a custodial sentence can result."
O'Garro previously told The Independent, upon reflection, he 'wouldn't do that [enter someone's home in that way] again' and felt 'sympathy and remorse' for his actions.
While he noted he doesn't 'fake [his] pranks,' O'Garro said he always 'makes sure to sort out the situation after' if he feels he went 'too overboard'.
The 18-year-old also said he apologised to the homeowner the day after filming the video.
The TikToker continued: "None of my pranks have malicious intentions behind them and most of the people in the pranks acknowledge that after I speak to them."
"I always know outrage is going to happen. I know exactly what I’m doing and the consequences of my actions."
Mizzy's TikTok account has since been deleted from the platform.
A spokesperson for TikTok said: "Our community guidelines are clear that we prohibit content promoting criminal activity. In relation to this issue, we have banned accounts for violating these guidelines."
Featured Image Credit: TikTok/ @lifewith.db
Topics: TikTok, Social Media, UK News, Crime, True Crime