Controversial TikToker Mizzy charged after investigation into his shocking videos
| Last updated
Controversial TikToker Mizzy has been charged by police following an investigation into his viral videos.
Over the past few weeks, a number of his shocking 'pranks' have been doing the rounds on social media.
No doubt you've probably seen some of them, including one showing him running into a stranger's house and another where he steals a dog from a woman in a park.
However, the Metropolitan Police has now confirmed that after managing to catch up with the teenager - real name Bacari O'Garro - he has been charged.
It read: "An 18-year-old man will appear in court today charged with failing to comply with a Community Protection Notice.
"Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18 (20.10.04), of Manor Road, Hackney, was charged as above on the evening of Tuesday, 23 May.
"He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, 24 May.
"The charge follows an investigation into social media footage posted online."
Detective Chief Superintendent James Conway, of the Central East Command Unit, responsible for policing in Hackney and Tower Hamlets, said: “Understandably there has been extensive comment on this case in the media and on social media.
"Now that an individual has been charged, I would ask that the judicial process be respected and allowed to take its proper course.”
This comes after O'Garro was filmed handing himself into the police following reports officers were out looking for him.
On Monday (22 May), police put out a statement, which confirmed he had been taken into custody.
"The arrest follows an investigation into social media footage which featured a number of incidents, including apparently unsolicited approaches made towards members of the public in the street or on transport, and entering addresses without the apparent permission of the owners."
Detective Chief Superintendent Conway added: "I do not underestimate the widespread upset, distress and concern that these videos caused.
"Some people have referred to these as ‘prank’ videos, but I hope that this significant development demonstrates just how seriously we have been taking this investigation since this footage began circulating online.
"A number of these videos were produced, impacting on many different people and our investigation remains ongoing as we seek to build a strong picture of both the activity featured in the footage and impact on the public.”
O'Garro told the Independent recently that he goes back and apologises to the subjects of his 'pranks' if he feels he's stepped over the line.
He also claimed that the books he destroyed in one video were his and did not belong to the library.