Tradie nearly loses his manhood after angle grinder breaks loose and hits his pants
| Last updated
A tradie in Australia has had a close brush with a potentially horrific injury.
Alastair Candlin was in the middle of a home project at his property in Queensland and was using an angle grinder.
However, the machine broke and one part of the disk went flying.
It could have gone in literally any direction and yet it managed to land in the worst place imaginable.
In a video uploaded to TikTok, the bloke panned the camera down from the broken grinder to his pants, where the disk could be seen sitting in his pants.
He told Daily Mail Australia: "When it broke it happened so quick, I was looking for where it went.
"When I looked down I could see it in the last place I would want it."
He added: "The disc on the grinder was getting a bit old and was getting to the end of its life."
Alastair's video has been seen more than four million times on TikTok and people couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the footage.
"Get this man a lottery ticket," said one person.
Another added: "Wonder what would've happened if it inched more to the left."
A third wrote: "The way I gasped."
Others called him out for not using a guard on the grinder and for not using safety goggles.
Another tradie narrowly avoided a horrifying injury while using a similar machine.
Brad Morrison revealed on TikTok how his angle grinder's blade was split clean in two while on the job.
It wound up embedded in his goggles and it left the internet shocked.
If this isn't the best advertisement to wear personal protective equipment then I don't know what is.
The narrow miss surely would have been fatal or incredibly serious if it had made contact with his face and skull, as the sharp corner of the broken saw implement can be seen curving up towards his eye socket.
Some accused him of staging the whole thing, with a few people asking if he even used the same bit of the broken saw to cut into the goggles before staging the fake stunt.