ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Heartbroken family of Daniel Anjorin release statement after teenager was killed on his walk to school
Home>News>UK News
Updated 16:12 4 May 2024 GMT+1Published 15:55 4 May 2024 GMT+1

Heartbroken family of Daniel Anjorin release statement after teenager was killed on his walk to school

Daniel Anjorin's family released a statement via the Met Police after the teen was killed in a sword attack in London last week

Anish Vij

Anish Vij

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The family of the 14-year-old boy who was killed in a sword attack on his way to school have released a heartbreaking statement.

Daniel Anjorin was killed on his walk to school when he was attacked with a sword in Hainault, east London, on Tuesday (30 April).

The teenager suffered fatal wounds to his neck and chest.

Spanish-Brazilian national Marcus Aurelio Arduini Monzo, who lives in Newham, has been charged with murder as he appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (2 May).

Advert

The teen was murdered on his way to school. (Metropolitan Police)
The teen was murdered on his way to school. (Metropolitan Police)

The unnamed family members of Daniel Anjorin have since said in a statement: “We as a family are devastated by the loss of our beloved son Daniel.

“It is difficult for us at this time to process what has happened to him and that he will never come home. Daniel had left the house for school and then he was gone.

“Our children have lost their loving and precious brother and we have lost the most loved and amazing son. We would like to send our best wishes to the other victims of this unthinkable incident.

“We would also like to thank the local community for all of their support during this most difficult time.

“We ask that the media please respect our privacy and refrain from contacting us or our family.”

This comes after Arsenal football club led tributes to the young Arsenal supporter before and during their 3-0 Premier League win against AFC Bournemouth.

Arsenal led the tributes to London sword attack victim Daniel Anjorin before and during their Premier League match against Bournemouth. (PA)
Arsenal led the tributes to London sword attack victim Daniel Anjorin before and during their Premier League match against Bournemouth. (PA)

Ahead of the London club's home match against Bournemouth at the Emirates Stadium today (4 May), Arsenal showed Daniel's picture on the big screens while the crowd paid an emotional tribute to the young boy.

Also during the match, the Gunners fans issued a moment of applause in the 14th minute, and held up a banner at the end honouring him.

Daniel's family previously told Sky News that he was 'a wonderful child' who was 'well loved' and that his death 'leaves a gaping wound in the family'.

“No family should have to go through what we are experiencing today,” they said.

“Any family will understand it’s an absolute tragedy.”

Jaswant Narwal, Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS London North, said: “The Crown Prosecution Service has authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge Marcus Arduini Monzo with the murder of 14-year-old Daniel Anjorin, who was fatally stabbed in Hainault on Tuesday April 30.

“A further four people - including two police officers - were seriously injured and Monzo has also been charged with two counts of attempted murder, two counts of grievous bodily harm, aggravated burglary and possession of a bladed article.

“Our thoughts remain firmly with the family of the Daniel and all those who have been impacted by this horrific incident.”

Featured Image Credit: Met Police / PA/Adam Davy

Topics: UK News, Crime

Anish Vij
Anish Vij

Anish is a Journalist at LADbible Group and is a GG2 Young Journalist of the Year 2025. He has a Master's degree in Multimedia Journalism and a Bachelor's degree in International Business Management. Apart from that, his life revolves around the ‘Four F’s’ - family, friends, football and food. Email: [email protected]

X

@Anish_Vij

Recommended reads

Footage of Mackenzie Shirilla's crash route reveals crucial detail that proves her guiltInstagram/Mackenzie ShirillaMackenzie Shirilla doc has 'way more detail' than The Crash and convinces her murder was intentionalHuluGTA 6 release date officially confirmed in latest update from Take-TwoRockstar‘Chia seed challenge' comes with serious warning as expert wants against ‘internal cleanse’Getty Stock Image

Advert

  • Arsenal pay touching tribute during match to London sword attack victim Daniel Anjorin
  • Man charged with murder and named after sword attack in London killed 14-year-old-boy
  • Teenager who ‘thought she had hangover’ on holiday with friends found out she only had 12 months to live
  • Family-of-eight 'does runner without paying £329 bill' leaving restaurant bosses 'devastated'

Choose your content:

9 hours ago
10 hours ago
  • ITV
    9 hours ago

    Boris Johnson's wife Carrie recalls moment she was drugged by 'black cab rapist' John Worboys

    Carrie Johnson said many women might not realise they had been drugged by John Worboys

    News
  • WSMV 4
    9 hours ago

    Man jailed for Charlie Kirk Facebook meme wins $835,000 settlement

    Larry Bushart spent 37 days in jail for sharing memes about Charlie Kirk

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    10 hours ago

    Ozempic and Mounjaro users risk £1,000 fine if driving while taking GLP-1 medicines

    A pharmacist says drivers using GLP-1 drugs might need to declare certain side effects to the DVLA

    News
  • Netflix
    10 hours ago

    Secret language Mackenzie Shirilla used with mum during police interview in alarming footage

    Cops later worked out what the killer driver had been saying to her mother Natalie

    News