Advert

Latest

Australian Family's Picnic Invaded By Loads Of Huge Robber Crabs
published atin an hour
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Six Secondary School Pupils Rushed To Hospital After Eating Cannabis Cake

Six Secondary School Pupils Rushed To Hospital After Eating Cannabis Cake

Six teenagers had to be rushed to the hospital after eating 'end-of-term' Christmas cakes that had been spiked with cannabis.

The students, all aged 14, fell ill after tucking into the cakes at Denefield School in Reading, on Friday.

Despite having eaten the hallucinogen, all of the youngsters have since been discharged from hospital with 'no lasting damage'.

West Berkshire Council spokesman Martin Dunscombe confirmed the news, stating that all of the pupils were taken to hospital after first having received treatment from paramedics at the school.

Advert

Mr Dunscombe said: "A small number of students were admitted to hospital as a precaution. It is now clear that these cakes contained cannabis or a cannabis-related product.

Four students had to be rushed to hospital after eating a cake laced with cannabis. Credit: Google
Four students had to be rushed to hospital after eating a cake laced with cannabis. Credit: Google

"The school is deeply concerned by this isolated and unprecedented incident."

According to reports, the pupil responsible for spiking the cake has been expelled and the case has been passed onto the police.

Advert

Martin Dunscombe said other pupils may also be expelled following further investigation of the incident.

He went on: "The head teacher gave assemblies on Monday morning to every student in the school, clarifying how to keep safe, and the clear and obvious consequences of bringing any form of drugs into school.

"The school has an extremely robust drugs policy and takes drugs education very seriously. The school's trustees, the head teacher and the whole school staff are absolutely committed to the safety and welfare of students."

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Boy, 12, Rushed To Hospital After 'Bangkok Prank' Goes Wrong
News

Boy, 12, Rushed To Hospital After 'Bangkok Prank' Goes Wrong

But this isn't the first time people have fallen victim to spiked sweet treats.

Advert

More than a dozen mourners at a funeral in Germany had to receive medical assistance after eating a cake made with marijuana, earlier this year.

The student responsible for putting the marijuana in the cake has been excluded. Credit: PA
The student responsible for putting the marijuana in the cake has been excluded. Credit: PA

According to The Guardian, people attending a funeral in the country's east went to a restaurant for coffee and cake, which is reportedly customary in Germany.

They all huddled together while the restaurant owner handed out cake to mourners. Little did the owner know that what she was actually giving away was weed cake.

Advert

Apparently, she picked up the drug-laced cake out of the fridge - it had allegedly been left by her 18-year-old daughter for a separate occasion.

Thirteen people began experiencing symptoms of dizziness and nausea and had to get medical treatment.

The event is similar to one that occurred in the UK at a metal detecting convention. People got together to discuss the interesting field of metal detecting but there was also one patron who was celebrating their 50th birthday.

He was handing out bits of birthday cake without realising someone had laced it with loads of cannabis.

Advert

A total of 13 attendees had to be taken to hospital and two were treated at the scene due to adverse reactions, however it's not clear what exactly required them to be taken to hospital.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Viral, Science, Food, uk news, Interesting, Drugs, Weird, Health

Dominic Smithers

Dominic graduated from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History. Like you, Dom has often questioned how much use a second language has been. Well, after stints working at the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express, along with never setting foot in France, he realised the answer is surprisingly little. But I guess, c'est la vie. Contact us at [email protected]