ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
FBI shares chilling image of items Trump’s suspected shooter had lying in bushes before attempted shooting
Home>News>US News
Updated 10:01 16 Sep 2024 GMT+1Published 09:54 16 Sep 2024 GMT+1

FBI shares chilling image of items Trump’s suspected shooter had lying in bushes before attempted shooting

Officials are 'investigating what appears to be an attempted assassination' on the Republican candidate

Olivia Burke

Olivia Burke

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A chilling image of the apparatus that a gunman, who allegedly targeted Donald Trump, left lying in the bushes on a Florida golf course has been released by the FBI.

Just two months after Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, opened fire on the former President at an open-air campaign rally in July, authorities in the US are now investigating a second 'apparent assassination attempt' on the politician.

On Sunday (15 September), the Republican candidate was playing at his Trump International Golf Course in Palm Beach, Florida, when Secret Service agents accompanying him spotted something sinister lurking.

Members of Trump's security were patrolling the course ahead of him to ensure the holes were safe to play when an agent spotted the barrel of a rifle poking out of some bushes near the perimeter.

Advert

Officials are investigating what is believed to be the second attempt on Donald Trump's life in two months (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Officials are investigating what is believed to be the second attempt on Donald Trump's life in two months (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Agents opened fire at the alleged gunman, reportedly unloading at least four rounds, before the suspect fled in a car.

Palm Beach County sheriff Ric Bradshaw told a news conference that the shooter was about 300 to 500 yards away from Trump when the Secret Service intercepted the threat.

Three senior law enforcement officials have identified 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh as the suspect who has been taken into custody in connection with the incident at the golf course, NBC News reported.

In the midst of all the chaos, the suspect is said to have left an array of items at the scene.

The FBI, who said it 'is investigating what appears to be an attempted assassination' on Trump, have since shared an image of some of the objects left behind at the shooter's hiding spot in the shrubbery.

Ryan Wesley Routh, 58, has been identified as the suspect (Facebook/Ryan Routh)
Ryan Wesley Routh, 58, has been identified as the suspect (Facebook/Ryan Routh)

Law enforcement explained that they had recovered an AK-47 type assault rifle weapon and a scope, two backpacks and a GoPro near the 5th and 6th hole.

Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe said it was clear the shooter had a 'structured and organised' strategy.

"This whole set-up indicates a very high level of pre-planning," he told CNN.

At a press conference on Sunday, Special Agent Rafael Barros explained that Trump's security had been beefed up following the July assassination attempt because 'the threat was high'.

"We have increased the amount of assets that we've supported," he said. "We are living in dangerous times."

The FBI released chilling images showing his set-up in the shrubbery (CHANDAN KHANNA/AFP via Getty Images)
The FBI released chilling images showing his set-up in the shrubbery (CHANDAN KHANNA/AFP via Getty Images)

After the news broke, Trump reassured his supporters he was 'safe and well' in a statement.

The 78-year-old said: "There were gunshots in my vicinity, but before rumours start spiralling out of control, I wanted you to hear this first: I AM SAFE AND WELL!

"Nothing will slow me down. I will NEVER SURRENDER! I will always love you for supporting me. Unity. Peace. Make America Great Again."

Martin County sheriff William Snyder said the suspect was 'not armed' when he was apprehended by police and 'did not question why he was being pulled over', Sky News reported.

Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Ryan Routh / FBI

Topics: US News, Crime, Donald Trump, Politics

Olivia Burke
Olivia Burke

Olivia is a journalist at LADbible Group with more than five years of experience and has worked for a number of top publishers, including News UK. She also enjoys writing food reviews (as well as the eating part). She is a stereotypical reality TV addict, but still finds time for a serious documentary.

X

@livburke_

Recommended reads

Gordon Ramsay almost throws up after what he's served on MasterChef USMasterChef/FoxApprentice star 'on mission' to find Katie Price's missing husband Lee Andrews says his social media was active todayluisazissman/instagramHayden Panettiere shares more details of being put in bed with 'very famous undressed man'Raymond Hall/GC ImagesLee Andrews’ mum issues desperate plea as she speaks out on son’s ‘kidnapping’Instagram/wesleeeandrew

Advert

Choose your content:

10 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
  • Instagram/@boozebagfitness
    10 hours ago

    Man takes steroids and drinks 24 beers for 77 days without working out to show impact on his body

    He's preparing to enter a bodybuilding competition without ever lifting weights

    News
  • Contributor/Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Russia warns of 'catastrophic' conflict with NATO after testing 'most powerful nuclear missile in the world'

    A top Russian diplomat said the 'danger of a head-on clash' is continuing to increase

    News
  • H. Armstrong Roberts/ClassicStock/Getty Images
    11 hours ago

    Monkeys help Oxford scientists discover why 90% of humans are right-handed - lefties remain a mystery

    A University of Oxford study looked at the history of humanity, including an extinct 'hobbit' human species

    News
  • Instagram
    12 hours ago

    Warning issued about ‘terrifying implication’ of Super El Niño no one talks about

    It has the potential to be the biggest El Nino ever

    News
  • Major breakthrough as FBI discover DNA and chilling note at scene of Charlie Kirk shooting
  • Authorities give update on Charlie Kirk suspected shooter as they address his disturbing messages
  • FBI releases video showing how Charlie Kirk's killer escaped as shocking new details emerge overnight
  • FBI investigating viral ‘theory’ about moment Charlie Kirk was shot