ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Woman does ‘welcome to my crib’ tour of home after it burned down in LA wildfires
Home>News>US News
Published 14:32 13 Jan 2025 GMT

Woman does ‘welcome to my crib’ tour of home after it burned down in LA wildfires

Sara Anderson stunned social media users after sharing footage of her fire-ravaged family home

Olivia Burke

Olivia Burke

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A mother-of-two who lost her family home in the LA wildfires has stunned the internet after sharing a 'tour' of the remains of her property.

The blaze is the second biggest and has already scorched through more than 14,000 acres, as well as taking the lives of 16 people. In total, there have been 24 fatalities in connection with the wildfires, according to a revised death toll from the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.

According to fire officials in California, at least 7,081 structures have been damaged or destroyed so far due to the Eaton fire.

Sara Anderson, who lives in Altadena, had to evacuate her 'historic home' with her husband and two young children last Tuesday (7 January) evening, according to a GoFundMe set up for the family by a friend.

Advert

The mum shared a viral TikTok offering a 'tour' of her devastated home (TikTok/@saraandcrew)
The mum shared a viral TikTok offering a 'tour' of her devastated home (TikTok/@saraandcrew)

"By the time they woke up the next morning, their home was completely gone." the fundraiser - which has raised $14,359 (£11,822) of it's $16,000 (£13,173) target - explained.

"Luckily, their family is safe. However, they only took the bare essentials and will need to start over in every way."

Wang's parents have also been living with the couple alongside their young son and daughter, while his mother recovers from breast cancer, the fundraiser said.

Anderson - a content creator who shares parenting and lifestyle tips online - then shared a clip proving that her pal wasn't kidding when she said the property was 'completely gone'.

The mum, who boasts 169,000 TikTok followers, decided to deal with the devastating loss of her home and worldly possessions with a bit of humour.

She took social media users on a tour of the wreckage of her home in a short video which has since gone viral, racking up more than 57 million views.

In a bid to make light of the situation, Anderson began by referencing the iconic line which kicked off every episode of MTV Cribs and said: "Hey guys, welcome to my crib!"

Parts of the property were still smouldering when Anderson arrived (TikTok/@saraandcrew)
Parts of the property were still smouldering when Anderson arrived (TikTok/@saraandcrew)

Instructing the cameraman to follow her, she continued: "Come over here...you can barbecue," she said sarcastically while pointing to her battered outdoor grill laying on its side.

The mum then made her way over to a blackened fire pit sat in front of a small flame and joked: "If you come over here...we could light a fire - but as you can see, we already have one back here."

"Hungry? Grab an orange," Anderson then added while plucking a piece of fruit from a tree, which remarkably remained in quite good nick despite the Eaton fire wreaking havoc on her home.

Finally, the content creator then ventured over to an area littered with rubble and crouched down at a small table that had somewhat managed to survive the flames.

Tucking into her orange, Anderson said: "And that's my crib, thanks for coming!"


Her spoof-like tour of the ruins of her home was well-received by social media users.

People took to the comment section to praise Anderson for spreading some laughter during such a devastating time.

One said: "I definitely just looked around my house asking myself, 'What would I take?' This is devastating. I'm so sorry. But your dark humour is on point." while another wrote: "Great coping skills! I'm sorry you are going through this. It's heartbreaking to see such loss. You are going to be okay."

A third joked: "Wow, this takes open concept to a new level!"

Anderson also offered some more information in the comments too, explaining that most of the houses in her neighbourhood were 'over 100 years old'.

A fundraiser has been set up to help the family recover (GoFundMe)
A fundraiser has been set up to help the family recover (GoFundMe)

When asked what belongings her family had managed to escape with, she said: "I went upstairs, grabbed onto a handful of clothes, then put it back and said, 'I don't need it, I'll be back tomorrow, right?'

"And walked away. I did grab a few kids clothes from the floor."

Anderson also revealed that she knows 'so many people who had their insurance cancelled on them recently', adding: "My heart hurts, as it’s an older community who shouldn’t have to deal with this."

Another video on her TikTok saw her share before and after videos of her torched neighbourhood, explaining that she reckons it is now 'about 90%+ gone'.

Anderson later informed concerned social media users that her family were safe and had been 'living in a hotel' since evacuating.

"I don't really know what we're going to do after the hotel," she admitted.

Featured Image Credit: TikTok/@saraandcrew

Topics: US News, TikTok, Viral, Home, Social Media

Olivia Burke
Olivia Burke

Olivia is a journalist at LADbible Group with more than five years of experience and has worked for a number of top publishers, including News UK. She also enjoys writing food reviews (as well as the eating part). She is a stereotypical reality TV addict, but still finds time for a serious documentary.

X

@livburke_

Recommended reads

Length of Gina Carano’s immediate MMA suspension confirmed after 15 second Ronda Rousey loss(Sarah Stier/Getty Images for Netflix)Father-of-two dies in freak escalator accident as people walk past without helpingFacebookInfluencer 'on mission' to find Katie Price's missing husband Lee Andrews after location was 'revealed'Instagram/luisazissmanGTA 6 pre-order scam warning as game 'sells out' on one websiteRockstar

Advert

Choose your content:

3 mins ago
16 mins ago
9 hours ago
14 hours ago
  • (Sarah Stier/Getty Images for Netflix)
    3 mins ago

    Length of Gina Carano’s immediate MMA suspension confirmed after 15 second Ronda Rousey loss

    Gina Carano bagged over a million for her 15-second loss to Ronda Rousey

    News
  • Facebook
    16 mins ago

    Father-of-two dies in freak escalator accident as people walk past without helping

    40-year-old carpenter, Steven McCluskey, tragically died after getting trapped in an escalator at Davis Station in Somerville, Massachusetts

    News
  • Getty
    9 hours ago

    Five people, including two suspects, dead after shooting at San Diego mosque

    San Diego police have said the incident is being treated as a hate crime

    News
  • Adrian Dennis / AFP via Getty Images
    14 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola 'set to leave' Man City this week after FA cup victory

    The beloved football manager is reportedly departing at the end of the week

    News
  • Woman claims she rejected new Mayor of NYC Zohran Mamdani on dating app for brutal reason
  • Woman says HR refuses to use her full name in emails because of her unfortunate initials
  • Woman with no limbs hits back at hate after answering question ‘everyone wants to know’ with husband
  • What viral ‘it boy’ of 2010s looks like now 10 years later