Mum Shares Tragic Photo Of Her Son Just Hours Before His Death
Marc 'MJ' Poole went from being a "normal, happy" boy in May 2015 to clinging to life in just days.
The six-year-old started complaining about a headache, then his health rapidly declined, he began vomiting and his eyes started rolling back into his head.
His mum Sharon Carver told the Daily Mail: "He became lethargic and was really hot but his hands and feet were like ice - we knew then something was seriously wrong."
The mother of two from Yorkshire was told to rush him to Doncaster Royal Infirmary before he was transferred to Sheffield Children's Hospital.
As his situation deteriorated, Sharon decided to take a photo of Marc cradled in her arms.
Doctors worked tirelessly but young MJ died a few hours later from meningitis.
An inquest last year determined the boy died from an infection, which led to septic shock, causing his organs to fail.
More Like This
Sharon said: "You watch TV, films and read these things about other people - it's frightening how quick this horrible condition can take hold."
"You don't expect something like this to happen to you - I never ever want anyone to lose a child like we did to this."
The 37-year-old is now campaigning to have more equipment installed in hospitals, which can detect and diagnose meningitis within hours instead of days.
"Anything that can save lives, children like MJ, then we're fully behind the hospital in bringing this equipment in."
"I don't want any parent to go through what me and Marc went through - I cannot describe the feeling of losing a child."
She's warning other parents to be on the look out from symptoms of meningitis, which include: a rash, extreme tiredness, vomiting, and a temperature of over 40 degrees.
Featured Image Credit: Carver Family/SWNS.com