To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Two bodies found after search for missing TV presenter Jesse Baird and his partner

Two bodies found after search for missing TV presenter Jesse Baird and his partner

Police confirmed they found two bodies they believe to be Jesse Baird and Luke Davies

Police have announced that two bodies have been found in connection with the disappearance of Jesse Baird and Luke Davies.

The TV presenter and his boyfriend were last seen on 19 February, with their families 'unable to contact' either of them.

Bloodied clothes belonging to the two men had been found in a skip, and police officer Beau Lamarre-Condon has been charged with murdering them.

New South Wales police recently released a statement updating people on the case, including the discovery of two bodies in the Australian town of Bungonia.

They said: "As part of the ongoing investigations under Strike Force Ashfordby, homicide detectives attended a correctional facility about 11am today (Tuesday 27 February 2024), and spoke to a 28-year-old man.

"Investigators subsequently attended a second property on Jerrara Road, Bungonia, about 1pm this afternoon.

Two bodies have been found in the search for Jesse Baird and Luke Davies.

"At the property, human remains were located, and a crime scene was established, which is being forensically examined.

"While the bodies are yet to be formally identified, they are believed to be that of Luke Davies and Jesse Baird. A post-mortem examination will be conducted to confirm the cause of death.

"Investigations under Strike Force Asfordby continue."

Lamarre-Condon had handed himself over to the police, and the 28-year-old provided officers with the location the bodies were found at.

Police allege that Baird and Davies were killed last Monday (19 February) by Lamarre-Condon at a home in Sydney by a police-issued handgun.

Investigators also allege that the 28-year-old police officer then hired a white van to dispose of their bodies.

Police believe they know who the two bodies discovered are.
Insta / @jessebairddd

According to court documents, Baird and Davies were allegedly killed not long after they were seen at a pre-Mardi Gras party in Sydney.

It is also claimed that their alleged killer returned his police-issued firearm into a locked firearms safe at a police station and then took sick leave for the rest of the day (20 February).

He then did not show up for work the following day, and turned himself over to colleagues on Friday (23 February).

In a press conference on the same day, Detective Superintendent Daniel Doherty from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad said the investigation had found a 'projectile at the premises which had been discharged and also a fire cartridge case'.

There was also 'a large amount of blood' at the scene, and investigators matched the bullet to a police firearm.

LADbible have contacted New South Wales police for further comment.

Featured Image Credit: Insta / @jessebairddd

Topics: Australia, Crime