A New Zealand man has died after being electrocuted at a construction worksite in Greenhithe.
The 38-year-old - originally from Tonga - was working to unload the timber from his truck while a crane operator moved the packets of wood.
Talakai was electrocuted when the raised crane accidentally touched high voltage power lines above his truck.
Despite the efforts by emergency services, who arrived at Tauhinu Rd in Greenhithe at 3.23pm, the worker died at the scene.
WorkSafe are reportedly investigating the incident and has up to 12 months to come to a verdict, the New Zealand Herald has claimed.
One resident said the crane operators had been struggling to lift objects from the back of the truck all week.
“The truck was on a steep angle in the driveway, and the crane operator had three packets of timber, was struggling to lift one and was trying to reach as far as he could,” he said.
“Obviously, the crane went too high.”
Another neighbour added: “He’s hit the power line above the building site, but then they came and picked up the body and took him away.”
A fundraiser has since been set up to help provide for Talakai's wife, Tasha, and their two boys aged 12 and five.
"Please help support Tasha and her kids after the sudden death of Wesley, who passed away in a serious workplace accident," the givealittle fundraiser reads.
"Tasha has just lost her wonderful husband Wesley, as the result of a workplace accident, when the crane he was working in connected with high voltage overhead powerlines.
"She and her children are devastated at the loss of Wesley, as he was a devoted, loving, and involved husband and father.
"Let's help this beautiful Christian homeschooling family through our donations, which will allow a bit of breathing space, by paying to keep a roof over their heads, food, electricity, and other basic necessities."
At the time of writing, $12,890 has been raised.
Lisa McKenzie, who is a close friend of Tasha, told the New Zealand Herald: "They are the nicest, most loving family. He was so devoted to her and anyone they came into contact with, they carried light and were nice to everyone, and like a really sweet family.
"It's sad for anybody but heart-wrenching for this family because they were so closely connected."
LADbible has contacted WorkSafe for comment.Featured Image Credit: givealittle/Google Maps