Mason Greenwood Will Not Return To Training Or Play Matches For Manchester United 'Until Further Notice'
| Last updated
Manchester United Football Club has confirmed that Mason Greenwood will not return to training or take part in any matches 'until further notice', following assault allegations made against him.
The club also said in an earlier statement: "We are aware of images and allegations circulating on social media.
"We will not make any further comment until the facts have been established.
"Manchester United does not condone violence of any kind."
A follow-up statement said Greenwood had been suspended.
It said: "Mason Greenwood will not return to training or play matches until further notice."
The allegations were made this morning (Sunday 30 January).
Greater Manchester Police said it was 'aware of images and videos circulating on social media', adding: "Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances."
Sportswear brand Nike, which sponsors the striker, also released a statement that said: "We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation.”
Greenwood, 20, is originally from Bradford and made his debut with Manchester United in 2019.