Mum left with giant Asda logo on head after using shopping bag to dye hair
| Last updated
A mum got more than she bargained for when she tried dying her hair at home before heading out on the town.
Nikki Mac, from Fife, Scotland, was getting her glad rags on for a big night out and went for a bit of a makeover. Check out the results:
Yep, an absolute car crash.
Rather than painting the town red, the 27-year-old ended up giving her head a good coating of green as she accidentally printed the Asda logo printed onto her hair.
In a video documenting the debacle, Nikki can be seen putting the plastic bag onto her head while the dye sets - something she says she always does.
But this time around, it quickly becomes apparent that it has not gone according to plan... at all.
Concerned with the way things were going, Nikki calls her older sister over to have a look at the damage.
"What the f**k?" she gasps.
But as they say in situations like this, you either laugh or cry, and fortunately, Nikki was able to see the funny side of it, and creases into a fit of laughter.
Speaking about the utter s**tshow, Nikki said: "I didn't know what to do so I shouted Lisa. She came in with her camera because she heard me laughing and that's how she caught it on camera.
"Lisa was crying with laughter - she couldn't stop.
"We went on the night out after that with my new hair. It was dark so no one was commenting on it. We told everyone what happened and showed them the video.
"This is a cautionary tale for others. I leave it to develop on its own now."
Nikki said it took ages for the dye to wash out.
"It was terrible," she recalled. "This was just before a night out.
"I saw the green lettering in the mirror. It was a shock. I decided to dye my hair and I was meant to be platinum blonde. I was just doing my roots.
"I usually leave the hair dye on for half an hour. I'd always put a bag on my head before that. I took the bag off my head and I saw the Asda sign. I had green hair.
"The chemicals had caused the Asda sign to melt off. The writing was on the inside as well but I didn't know. I just shoved it on my head.
"I had green hair for ages. There was a green tinge to it when I washed it out. It was like that for a good few washes before it went back to normal."
Nikki later shared her 'cautionary tale', posting the video in case anyone else out there was thinking of doing the same thing.
Since it was posted, it's been viewed more than five million times and had over 500,000 likes and comments.
One user said: "Just need some tinsel and lights and you're all good to go."
Another chipped in with: "This is funny. She got every bit of the logo."
"That was so much worse than I thought it would be," put a third.
While someone else added: "OMG thank you. I was having such a bad day. This made me laugh."