A woman was left recoiling in horror after she unearthed a mouldy blob that looked like some sort of sea creature from her carton of Aldi almond milk. Honestly, see for yourself.
Nikki Afo was shocked as she poured out her plant-based drink, but found that there was some form of grey mass floating therein.
She later shared the find on TikTok, which prompted some folks who have seen it to swear that they'll never go vegan.
OK, we should all eat less meat and consume less dairy, but not like this.
She captioned the video - that has nearly three million views: "Aldi can you explain this?"
In the background, other people can be heard howling and shouting as she cut open the carton to reveal the horrific contents.
The voiceover for the video states: "Aldi UK, we need answers. You will never believe what we found inside this almond milk carton."
Then, she shared the use-by date, which is February 11 2022.
It definitely shouldn't look like this.
In the video, she said: "Look at this,
"I just opened this and I could tell that there is something lumpy inside it."
Obviously, you could see the mould growing on the thing, and she could feel the mass sloshing about inside the packaging.
It's not what you want, to say the least.
She continued: "Honestly, I always buy this milk but now I feel like throwing up everything I have had in the last year."
Then, as her family started laughing, she told them: "It's not funny, honestly!"
In a later video, the voiceover explains: "Aldi UK, we need answers.
"We bought this almond milk from the store and when my daughter wanted to make oats this is what she saw. It is still within the expiry date."
Naturally, those who have seen the videos online have shared their disgust.
One said: "I thought it was an octopus."
Another joked: "That's my ex."
A third commented: "I'm eating cereal with water from now on."
Yet another jibed: "You got free lasagne with your almond milk. Be grateful!"
There's not a great deal to be thankful for there, but still.
Someone else compared it to a 'sea creature' and - to be honest - it's hard to disagree with that read.
A spokesperson from Aldi said: "We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are trying to contact the customer to discuss this matter and offer further assistance.
"Although rare, incidents like this can occasionally occur if the packaging is damaged at any point before the product is consumed, as the contents may be exposed to air."
Featured Image Credit: TikTok/Nikky Afo
Topics: Aldi, UK News, Food And Drink, Weird