'Possessed' woman cries after trying 'world's sourest candy' black death
| Last updated
A YouTube creator ended up looking ‘possessed’ after eating one of the world’s most sour sweets, nicknamed ‘Black Death’.
Since the advent of internet video sharing, people have been taking on stupid eating challenges.
It started out with crackers – see how many you can eat without drinking water – and moved onto spoons full of cinnamon – which was very funny – but now it’s all a bit more extreme than that.
In this tale, a woman decided to take on one of the most sour things you can possibly eat, and obviously ended up having a really bad time.
As the old adage goes – the more you f*** around, the more you are going to find out.
So, the woman popped the incredibly acidic and sour sweet into her gob, and immediately seemed to regret her decision.
She’s no stranger to stunts such as this, and often takes them on.
However, this one left her rattled.
Sharing her video on her TikTok, the woman decided to test out the Mr Simms Mega Sours, which have quite rightly earned the nickname ‘Black Death’.
Warning her followers about the ‘scary’ sweet, as well as telling under-eights not to eat them under any circumstances, she set about her task.
No sooner was the sweetie in her mouth than she started convulsing and seeming to be having a really rough time.
The Black Death Mega Sours are £3.60 for a bag that weighs 200 grams, and supposedly taste of lemon, with an acidic coating and an ‘extremely acid’ centre.
Sitting in the car, the woman said: “This is called Black Death.
“It is the most sour candy in the world.
“Warning! Not suitable for anyone under eight years of age.
“Let's give them a go”.
Opening the bag, she said: “That looks so scary!'
“Why does it look like it's made out of glass and concrete?
“Let's give it a go Bismillah [in the name of God]”
For one second, she seemed non-plussed, but things quickly went started to go up through the gears.
She started struggling and shaking, before crying and screaming as the sour taste took hold.
Describing the experience, she said: “It feels like there's a metal road at the back of my throat.”
She did give it a second go – she’s brave, if nothing else – but eventually ended up spitting it out.
The comments have since been flooding in.
One person said: “It's like you were being electrocuted or possessed.
“Can't believe you went for the second one.”
Another wrote: “I genuinely was scared for you.
“I thought you were choking or having a reaction to death.”
“That scared the hell out of me,” a third commented.
So, if anyone ever offers you one of these sweets, you know what to do.