ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Anthony Hopkins shares important message after 'losing his own home' in the LA wildfires
Home>Entertainment>Celebrity
Published 12:14 11 Jan 2025 GMT

Anthony Hopkins shares important message after 'losing his own home' in the LA wildfires

Thousands of civilians have lost their homes in the LA wildfires

Anish Vij

Anish Vij

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Oscar-winning actor Anthony Hopkins has issued an important message after reportedly losing his home in the LA wildfires.

The 87-year-old was said to have lost his home in the Pacific Palisades fire, according to The Daily Mail, as images of the home reportedly belonging to Hopkins have been shared online.

Taking to Instagram, the Silence Of The Lambs star sent a message to everyone who has been affected by the tragic blaze, which has officially claimed the lives of 11 people so far, along with thousands of homes and businesses.

Anthony Hopkins reportedly 'lost his home' in the LA wildfires (Momodu Mansaray/Getty Images)
Anthony Hopkins reportedly 'lost his home' in the LA wildfires (Momodu Mansaray/Getty Images)

Advert

"As we all struggle to heal from the devastation of these fires, it’s important we remember that the only thing we take with us is the love we give," he wrote to his 5.4 million followers on Friday (10 January).

According to the BBC, Hopkins lost his home in the Palisades fire, with more 5,000 structures being destroyed in one of the 'biggest' fires out of the eight across the county, officials said (via The Independent).

The Mail also reports that Hopkins purchased the four-bedroom, five-bathroom home for $6 million (£4.9 million) in 2021.

Sadly, this may be the second time his house has been burnt down after his London property was lost in a blaze in 2000.

LADbible has contacted Hopkin's representatives for comment.

Fellow actor James Woods - who worked with Hopkins in 1995's Nixon - initially thought his home was burnt down in the fire, only to find it was still standing.

“A miracle has happened,” he wrote on Twitter. “We managed to get to our property and our home, that we were told is gone forever, is still standing.

The reported remains of Hopkins' home (MEGA/GC Images)
The reported remains of Hopkins' home (MEGA/GC Images)

“In this hellish landscape ‘standing’ is relative, but smoke and other damage is not like the utter destruction around us.”

In another tweet showing the damage done in the neighbourhood, Woods said he was 'so happy and grateful' to be able to come back to his house, however, due to the destruction of his neighbour's properties, the 'joyous news' was 'almost hard to celebrate'.

“It’s so fundamentally gut-wrenching and upsetting, it’s almost hard to celebrate the joyous news that our home survived,” he continued. “While we rejoice to find our house intact, in the midst of a hellscape like this, you can only think of your neighbours.


“I was so certain our house was gone a day ago, but the fickle finger of fate decided otherwise.”

Prior to this, the two-time Emmy winning actor had to quickly evacuate the property, as he said on social media: “We were blessed to have LA fire and police depts doing their jobs so well. We are safe and out…Can not speak more highly of the LA fire and LAPD.

“It tests your soul, losing everything at once, I must say.”

Featured Image Credit: David Livingston/Getty Images/Apu Gomes/Getty Images

Topics: Celebrity, US News, World News

Anish Vij
Anish Vij

Anish is a Journalist at LADbible Group and is a GG2 Young Journalist of the Year 2025. He has a Master's degree in Multimedia Journalism and a Bachelor's degree in International Business Management. Apart from that, his life revolves around the ‘Four F’s’ - family, friends, football and food. Email: [email protected]

X

@Anish_Vij

Recommended reads

Ginny Weasley actor's family issue statement as they pull her from new Harry Potter showHBOPep Guardiola 'set to leave' Man City this week after FA cup victoryAdrian Dennis / AFP via Getty ImagesVirgin Island expert hits out explaining why she didn’t return for season 2Channel 4Tourist who got beat up for throwing rocks at beloved seal explains why he did itUnited States Attorney's Office

Advert

Choose your content:

24 mins ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • HBO
    24 mins ago

    Ginny Weasley actor's family issue statement as they pull her from new Harry Potter show

    It was believed HBO's Harry Potter cast would remain the same throughout the show's seasons

    Entertainment
  • Channel 4
    an hour ago

    Virgin Island expert hits out explaining why she didn’t return for season 2

    The coach says she was disappointed with her edit in the first jaw-dropping season of Virgin Island

    Entertainment
  • Getty Stock
    3 hours ago

    Channel 4 wipe MAFS UK from site after allegations two 'brides' were raped by their on-screen 'husbands'

    An external review is currently underway of contributor welfare on Married At First Sight UK

    Entertainment
  • Getty Stock
    4 hours ago

    Two Married at First Sight UK brides claim they were raped by on-screen husbands, BBC report

    Two Married At First Sight UK brides have claimed they were allegedly raped during filming while a third alleges a non-consensual sex act

    Entertainment
  • Man who won £191k annual salary for life in huge lottery jackpot now faces losing his home
  • Anthony Joshua's family give update on his condition after crash that killed close friends
  • Donald Trump shares private message with NATO chief with worrying threat to Europe
  • Jake Paul sends message to Anthony Joshua after car crash that left two dead