ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Leaked recording reveals James Martin swearing 42 times at TV crew in foul-mouthed rant
Home>Entertainment>Celebrity>Celebrity News
Published 10:52 28 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Leaked recording reveals James Martin swearing 42 times at TV crew in foul-mouthed rant

Martin told the TV staff to have their lunch break 'standing in the f***ing rain'

Jess Battison

Jess Battison

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A leaked recording revealed James Martin swearing a whopping 42 times at a TV crew in a foul-mouthed rant.

Back in 2018, the TV chef launched into a 10-minute tirade at staff leading to reports now of him having ‘intimidating’ and ‘bullying’ behaviour on the set.

The recording was given to The Sun as Martin is accused of bullying the staff during this year’s filming of James Martin’s Spanish Adventure - which has sparked an internal investigation into his behaviour.

The leaked audio reveals Martin going off at staff during a tense 2018 Zoom call after the drain at his home was blocked while filming for the ITV's Saturday Morning with James Martin.

Advert

During the rant obtained by The Sun, Martin includes: “I am absolutely furious, beyond belief. It’s my home, it’s my house. It’s my f**ing house.

James Martin has revealed that he has cancer.
ITV

“Nobody listens, nobody f**king listens do they. I will not put up with this, this is b*llocks.

“A driveway that cost me £26,000 is f**ked because somebody put a load of oil in the f**king bin that’s now dripped everywhere and f**king ruined my driveway.”

He then added of his crew: “I’ll tell you what’s going to happen. You’re going to prep it up [the food, for filming] in a pissy little f**king van.

“You’re going to stand there in the f**king rain and get wet for lunch, that's what going to happen, because you're not having any of my chairs, f**k all.”

He adds; “No equipment, no seats, no benches, no trestle tables, nothing. No plates, nothing.”

James Martin swore 42 times in the lengthy rant.
ITV

In response to this audio, Martin ‘publicly and sincerely’ apologised to the crew involved.

He said: "The end of 2017 was one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life. I was dealing with the death of my last living grandparent, my grandfather, and on account of work commitments I could not attend his funeral."

Also citing a burglary, he added: "On top of this I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn't do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming. Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments.

"After all this stress I was in a very emotional state, and when after filming in early January 2018 I discovered my home had been flooded while filming, I was extremely upset.

"I can only say I am human and following a build-up of personal life pressure, I admit that I overreacted regarding the damage to my home."

When approached for comment, Martin's production company, Blue Marlin Television, accepted responsibility for the incident.

In a statement to LADbible, they said: "An unfortunate incident occurred after filming James Martin's Saturday Morning in 2018 where James' home was badly damaged. Blue Marlin Television accepted responsibility. James was shocked by what had happened and on reflection acknowledges he responded emotionally, which he wholly regrets. James apologises for any offence or upset caused, as he did at the time to the crew involved.

"Following this and some issues filming James Martin’s Spanish Adventures, James and Blue Marlin Television agree that lessons have been learned which have been discussed with members of the team and with ITV.

"Blue Marlin Television and James Martin have taken on board ITV's recommendations and their sharing of best practice, and are in the process of fully implementing.

"Since the 2018 incident, Blue Marlin Television has continued to film over 500 shows at James’ home.

"Blue Marlin Television remains committed to ensuring the welfare of all those with whom they work is of the utmost priority."

Featured Image Credit: Jeff Spicer Via Getty ITV

Topics: Celebrity, ITV, TV and Film, Food And Drink, UK News

Jess Battison
Jess Battison

Jess is a Senior Journalist with a love of all things pop culture. With a specialism in entertainment, she's covered the updates live at major events from The Brits in London to Disney's D23 in California. Jess covers the latest breaking news stories across the UK and the globe as well as interviewing your favourite faces including the likes of Dwayne Johnson, Stephen Graham, Aubrey Plaza and Chris Hemsworth. She graduated with a first in Journalism from City, University of London in 2021.

X

@jessbattison_

Recommended reads

GTA 6 pre-order chaos begins after third delay ruled outRockstarMan arrested at Venezuela Fury's wedding held on suspicion of 'licensing offence'TikTok/parisvenezeulaEuphoria creator called out for 'insane' scene in 'diabolical' new episodeHBOShakira has €55m returned in new case after previously avoiding threat of eight-year jail sentenceMireya Acierto/Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

13 mins ago
29 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Rockstar
    13 mins ago

    GTA 6 pre-order chaos begins after third delay ruled out

    Best Buy may have got it wrong, according to the latest on GTA 6 pre-orders

    Entertainment
  • HBO
    29 mins ago

    Euphoria creator called out for 'insane' scene in 'diabolical' new episode

    It's the second time the symbol has been shown in Euphoria season three

    Entertainment
  • Mireya Acierto/Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Shakira has €55m returned in new case after previously avoiding threat of eight-year jail sentence

    It's been affecting her greatly for nearly a decade

    Entertainment
  • BBC
    an hour ago

    BBC Panorama to address MAFS sexual misconduct allegations in last-minute schedule change

    The documentary sees three women make allegations of sexual misconduct of their on screen former husbands

    Entertainment
  • Jeremy Clarkson says James Martin broke ‘rule number one’ of TV industry after foul-mouthed rant is leaked
  • Hulk Hogan 'hoped son wasn't reincarnated as black man' in racist rant exposed by secret recording
  • Eamonn Holmes uses offensive slur on live TV when asking Kerry Katona about appearance
  • Gordon Ramsay offered prisoner job on the spot after what he did when chef visited