KSI and Conor McGregor call Jake Paul’s performance against Nate Diaz ‘terrible’
| Last updated
KSI and Conor McGregor have called Jake Paul's fight against Nate Diaz over the weekend 'terrible' and 'abysmal'.
Paul, 26, defeated 38-year-old Diaz via a unanimous decision in a 10-round fight on Saturday (August 5) night.
The YouTuber-turned-boxer knocked the UFC fighter to the ground in the fifth round, with judges scoring the bout 97-92, 98-91, and 98-91 in his favour.
While there were loads of people singing Paul's praised following the fight, he's faced criticism from the likes of KSI and McGregor.
"That Jake Paul performance was terrible," KSI wrote on Twitter afterwards.
He added: "October 14 you get to watch a real fight and challenge," which references his upcoming bout against Tommy Fury.
Paul and KSI's feud began in 2019 when the British boxer defeated Paul's brother, Logan, in a boxing match.
After Paul's defeat to Tommy Fury earlier this year, KSI claimed that he would 'destroy both Jake Paul and Tommy Fury'.
That Jake Paul performance was terrible 😂— ksi (@KSI) August 6, 2023
October 14th you get to watch a real fight and challenge pic.twitter.com/BO6WjsRpIY
The rivals also traded insults on social media earlier this year when KSI claimed Paul was 'ducking' a fight with him.
"$30million to the winner, 0 to the loser if you want me to agree to your request of 180 pounds and rehydration clause," Paul wrote back.
He added: "Agree to that and I’m in. You just supposedly bet £10m so this should be easy to contract right?"
KSI then said he wouldn't do the deal because Paul hadn't 'paid up for your last deal with Tommy Fury after he slapped you up'.
Paul then accused KSI of 'not having the courage to put it all on the line in a contract and sign. Just like Tommy and his dad didn't'.
''It's been five years. We're both ready, just sign the contract and let's fight you p****," KSI said, ending the back and forth.
Conor McGregor also had some choice words to say about Paul's victory over Diaz on the weekend.
“People's champ I gonna say this now, them antics when it's time2move ain’t hitting for me no more. I’ve seen him point, I’ve seen him turn/walk away etc etc. it’s stale now," he tweeted about Diaz's performance in a now-deleted post.
"Fkn Do somethin cos you’re doing nothing! Could’ve been the 170lb UFC champion. Wasted it. Ur doing f**k all.”
"I gonna serve up your liver on a sandwich in the trilogy m8," he continued on Twitter. "Out straight. I won’t even hit your face. That was abysmal last night."
He then turned his attention towards Paul.
"Paul is a r****d. Absolute garbage he is," he wrote. "Moving backwards like I was watching a fight in rewind. Holy garbage. Embarrassing stuff all round IMO."
Last week, McGregor stated his intentions of claiming the BMF title from Justin Gaethje and then putting it on the line in a trilogy with Diaz.