
A Strictly Come Dancing performer has been arrested on suspicion of rape, Hertfordshire Police have said.
According to The Sun, the man was arrested in October over an incident that allegedly happened last year. For legal reasons, he cannot currently be named.
The outlet said that the woman who made the assault complaint was not a contestant or a professional dancer on the popular BBC show.
This news comes just less than three months after another Strictly star was reportedly arrested for an alleged rape.
Advert
It is reported that in this latest case, the woman met the star as a result of their participation in the dance contest TV programme. Hertfordshire Police have since confirmed the arrest in London last month and said that inquiries are to continue following release.

“A man was released on police bail under investigation having been arrested in London on Monday 13 October on suspicion of rape," the force told LADbible in a statement.
"The allegations relate to an incident which happened in Hertfordshire during 2024.
“Meanwhile inquiries by officers from Hertfordshire Constabulary’s Public Protection team will continue. Given the nature of the allegations, it would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this time.”

A spokesperson for the BBC also said: "It would not be appropriate to comment on an ongoing police investigation.”
In August, another male star of Strictly Come Dancing was arrested on suspicion of rape. The man in his 30s, who has also not been named, was also detained over a separate alleged offence of 'non-consensual intimate image abuse'.
LADbible Group has contacted the BBC and Hertfordshire Police for comment.
If you have been affected by any of the issues in this article and wish to speak to someone in confidence, contact the Rape Crisis England and Wales helpline on 0808 500 222, available 24/7. If you are currently in danger or need urgent medical attention, you should call 999.
Topics: Strictly Come Dancing, BBC, Crime