
Will Smith has been sued by a tour violinist for alleged sexual harassment, wrongful termination and retaliation.
Brian King Joseph has named both the Men in Black actor and Treyball Studios Management Inc in his lawsuit, which includes an allegation of ‘deliberately grooming’.
It alleges that the musician was hired in November 2024 to perform at Smith’s show in San Diego and was then invited to join his Based on a True Story: 2025 Tour, as well as playing on his upcoming album.
Joseph, who was a top-three finalist on the 2018 series of America’s Got Talent, is said to have joined the first leg of the actor’s tour in March 2025 for a show in Las Vegas.
Advert
Hotels had been booked for the band and crew and the violinist’s suit claims his bag (with his key in) went missing for several hours.

Management found and returned it several hours later, as it’s claimed members of management were the ‘only individuals with access to [his] room’.
According to the suit filed on Wednesday (31 December), reviewed by Variety, someone then later ‘unlawfully’ entered the room and left behind items such as wipes, an earring, a bottle of HIV medication with another person’s name and a note reading: “Brian, I’ll be back no later [sic] 5:30, just us (drawn heart), Stone F.”
Joseph allegedly interpreted this as a warning that ‘an unknown individual would soon return to his room to engage in sexual acts’ with him.
He then notified the hotel's security and Smith’s representatives and reported it to a non-emergency police line. Joseph claims that then, only days later, a member of management ‘shamed’ him over it and told him he was being terminated.
The musician claims it was suggested that he made the whole thing up.

The suit accuses Smith of ‘predatory behaviour’ and ‘deliberately grooming and priming Mr. Joseph for further sexual exploitation’ on the tour last year.
It also claims that due to the termination, the musician suffered from PTSD and economic loss.
Filed at the Superior Court of California, the suit seeks damages be determined by a jury.
An attorney for Smith told PEOPLE: “Mr. Joseph’s allegations concerning my client are false, baseless, and reckless.
“They are categorically denied, and we will use all legal means available to address these claims and to ensure that the truth is brought to light.”
LADbible Group has contacted Will Smith's representatives for comment.
Topics: Will Smith, Celebrity News