To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
The former world champion from Bolton was in the East London area of Leyton with his wife Faryal Makhdoom on Monday evening when he claimed to have been robbed by two men for the Franck Muller Geneve timepiece.
Khan quickly took to his social media accounts to confirm he’d been robbed, but that he and his wife were safe after the incident.
He wrote: "Just had my watch taken off me at gun point in East London, Leyton.
“I crossed the road with Faryal, luckily she was few steps behind me.
"Two men ran to me, he asked for my watch whilst having a gun pointed in my face.
“The main thing is we’re both safe."
Now, Makhdoom has posted CCTV footage of the incident, which took place after the pair of robbers confronted Khan upon his leaving a restaurant.
Two men can be seen getting out of a Mercedes Benz vehicle before advancing up the road.
After about 10 seconds has passed, the men can be seen running back the way they came in the direction of the car that they had just got out of.
The two men then allegedly got into the car before driving off immediately.
Sharing the video online, Makhdoom wrote: "Footage of last night's armed robbery.
"Two men coming out the car... they knew exactly what time we walked out.
“Seems like a set up to me, considering we didn't even post where we were.
“It makes me sick to my stomach to know someone sitting in the restaurant was probably the one plotting this."
An eyewitness told The Sun that Khan had been enjoying his meal in the restaurant after a day of shopping with his wife, but was shaken up – understandably – by the incident.
Just hours before the robbery, Khan had stopped to take a picture with a fan in a JD Sports shop whilst wearing the watch.
The eyewitness said: "They [the robbers] were not hanging around. They got straight into the car and fled.
"Amir had enjoyed a lovely evening with his wife and had been shopping earlier in the day. “It raises real fears he was a deliberate target.
“It's extremely serious. He was left absolutely terrified.”
The Metropolitan Police has confirmed that an investigation into the incident is underway, and that a search has been conducted in the area of the alleged robbery.
No arrests have been made so far.
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/Faryal Makhdoom
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read