| Last updated
A video of a shop assistant reacting to a customer who mistook soap for food has gone viral.
The woman was shopping in the beauty store Lush when she thought she was being offered a sample of food to try. But when she put it in her mouth, the retail assistant froze for a moment in shock, before laughing and telling the customer it was in fact soap, not food.
The clip was posted to a subreddit, where lots of videos of funny fails are shared.
“Mask did nothing to hide the shock,” noted one Reddit user.
“I’m sure 2020/21 taught a lot of us how to communicate with our eyes,” joked another.
“This man screamed with his eyes,” said another.
“I’m so happy you were able to put it in words.”
“Look she’s just doing what anyone who’s ever gone to Lush wanted to do,” remarked another.
“Agreed. Every time I go to lush with my fiancée I wanna bite one of the bath bombs.”
People then started sharing stories of when they mistook something for food.
“At a wedding one time, a guy at our table thought the flower-looking butter was white chocolate so he popped one in his mouth. Everyone stopped talking and just looked at him, he decided to roll with it and eat it but wasn’t thrilled,” said Reddit user @Marcus2you.
“I was at a restaurant with my partner and dog. They brought the bill with two cookies. I, a lover of desserts, immediately pop one in my mouth while the waiter yells in exasperation ‘they’re not for humans! They were treats for my dog,” admitted Reddit user @Sungirl1112.
“I had this same look once…was at a hibachi grill with a friend. I told them the big glob was wasabi and do not eat it by itself…to add it to the food in small amounts. I look over after just taking a bit to see my friend eating the whole thing of wasabi. Lol He did not have a good time afterwards,” said @cbarbour1122.
These things can happen to the best of us.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read