Morrisons Is Selling A Huge 4.5L Bottle Of Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
As we build-up to the in-store bedlam of Black Friday at the end of the week, Morrisons has announced an early deal that's sure to leave every fan of boozing with love-hearts for eyes.
From today, the supermarket will be selling a huge 4.5 litre bottle of Jim Beam whiskey - the perfect Christmas gift for all your loved ones with a low-key drinking problem!
The bottle is six-and-a-half times bigger than a normal 70cl bottle. It's being sold for £70 ($93), which is incredibly cheap when you consider a standard sized bottle is sold for £17 ($23), so would set you back £110.50 ($147) for the same amount.
Morrisons is also selling 4.5 litre bottles of Famous Grouse for £70 too, as well as 1.75 litre bottles of Jägermeister and Disaronno for £30 ($40) a bottle.
The supermarket has become a pisshead's paradise. Punters at one store in the UK even have the chance to nip in and get a tipple before they head into the next aisle. The Guiseley store, north-west of Leeds, has opened a bar in-store, called the 'Barista'.
A company spokesperson has told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "Saltaire Blonde is a local brewery that's really popular with customers. We're looking forward to hearing what customers think of our new cask pump."
Here's how people responded to the idea of being able to get twatted before they do their big shop:
I love it...I might do more shopping :thumbsup::thumbsup::grin:
- gaz2 (@gazwilko2_gary) November 10, 2017
WOW :open_mouth: I might start doing food shop with wife now :joy:
- william watson (@swillfc) November 10, 2017
As if drink culture isn't bad enough in Leeds already, now we have to have a bar inside Morrison's!
- Daniel Shutt (@DShutt89) November 10, 2017
Guiseley Morrisons here I come, what a great idea :beer::grinning:
- Martin King (@martin_kingy) November 10, 2017
Morrisons was founded in Bradford and you can now drink beer at a store in Leeds. Without wanting to appear biased towards any given region of the UK: Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire!
Finally some fun facts for you about Jim Beam:
- They have used the same proportion of corn, rye and barley in their mash bill for over 200 years
- When Jacob Beam founded the first distillery in 1795, the company was called 'Old Tub Bourbon'
- Jim Beam is available in more than 200 countries across the globe
- The company is still a family run business, now spanning seven generations
- The bourbon whiskey is aged for twice as long as legally required