Pilots have managed to safely land a plane in Italy despite having nearly their entire windscreen covered in bird guts.
The Malta Air Boeing 737-800, which was being operated for Ryanair, was flying between London and Bologna on November 24.
What was a pretty routine flight turned into a bit of a nightmare during the landing process as flight FR1194 slammed into a flock of birds on approach.
There were loads of herons that unfortunately splattered themselves across the front of the plane and their innards painted the front windscreen at a pretty pivotal point in the flight.
The rest of the flock were sucked into the plane's engines as well as the wings and it certainly was not a pretty sight.
Footage posted on social media shows the plane coming into land at Bologna Airport with at least one engine sparking with flames.
According to Aviation 24, the right-hand engine suffered a compressor stall after the birds were hit. The left-hand engine also suffered some pretty gnarly damage during the incident.
Images have also revealed some of the herons managed to get caught up in the wing flaps.
Despite all this, the plane managed to land safely and there were no injuries for anyone onboard, except for those poor birds.
The plane was grounded in Italy so that investigators could have a proper look at how bad the damage was to the rest of the plane and whether it was safe to fly again.
While that might be a pretty depressing animal x airplane related story, this one might cheer you up.
Michele Burt, her husband Steven and their three dogs boarded a Jetblue flight from Florida to Massechusettes back in 2018.
The airline requires all animals to be in a cage underneath their owners' seats throughout the flight, so Michele and Steven made sure their pooches were safely tucked away and ready for take off.
But shortly after the flight departed, Darcy, the couple's French Bulldog, started having breathing difficulties.
A worried Michele broke protocol and got Darcy out of her cage to see what was happening. Darcy's tongue had turned blue, which is a sign of insufficient oxygen.
The dog started to panic, which made her breath more frantically, according to Michele, who then sat her on her lap and tried everything to help her relax and cool down, but nothing was working.
Flight attendant Diane, who owns a Frenchie herself, thought of something else. It was going to break the airline's strict protocol, but she decided it was a risk worth taking to save poor Darcy.
Renaud went and fetched an oxygen tank and a mask and held it to Darcy's snout.
Darcy began to improve and by the time the flight landed, she'd made a full recovery.Featured Image Credit: TACGAirSafety/Twitter