Man Falls Ill After Finding Used Plaster In Chinese Takeaway
| Last updated
A man has claimed a Chinese takeaway left him needing to 'see [a] doctor' after he discovered a plaster in his food.
When sifting through your chicken chow mein, vegetable spring rolls or peking roast duck, the last thing you'd want to find is anything which isn't edible, let alone something which has had direct contact with another human's body and perhaps their bodily fluids too.
If you've been splashing too much cash on takeaways recently and have been meaning to cut down, then this is the horror story you needed.
Przemek, 19, from Leith, has spoken out about possibly needing professional medical attention after he got a nasty surprise when eating a beef dish from his local Chinese.
Przemek explained he and his partner first decided to order 'some food online' because they felt tired and didn't have much in the fridge.
He told Edinburgh Live: "We ordered food from a Chinese restaurant, with my partner and I having vegetable fried rice and beef fillet with black pepper and honey sauce.
"During the meal I struggled to chew the food so I took it out of my mouth and found that what I was struggling to chew was actually a used plaster that was stuck together like a ring.
"I’m assuming it must have fallen off of a cooks finger or someone else that was preparing the food, god knows who's."
Przemek said as soon as he realised what he had been munching on, he had to run to the toilet, where he started violently throwing up.
"That's how disgusted I was by this horrible experience," he said.
The 19-year-old has revealed he's now worried about getting progressively more ill after the incident.
He continued: "I think I should see the doctor for a check up in case I am poisoned."
It's not the first time a customer has been left flabbergasted at a takeaway for showing up a hidden treasure hidden amongst its egg fried rice or salt and pepper chips.
A couple claimed to have found a human 'tooth' in their meal from a restaurant in Worcester, Worcestershire.
However, after complaining to the restaurant they were told it must just be an onion or animal gristle and so the pair decided to take to Facebook in outrage.
Food Safety Authority 2013 complaints include- A human tooth in Chinese takeaway, meat inside a chocolate yogurt and a screw in a pasta dish— utvradionews (@utvradionews) February 26, 2014
Przemek claims he's tried to contact the restaurant 'through the number provided by JustEat' but that no one's picked up his calls.
He's also sent the restaurant a photograph of the plaster 'as proof'.
The customer resolved: "I'm also planning on contacting Edinburgh Council - I’ve never experienced anything like this in my life."
The restaurant – which has not been named – has been contacted for comment by EdinburghLive.
Featured Image Credit: Edinburgh Live/Media Scotland
Topics: Food And Drink, UK News