Police are investigating after a group of youths stormed a McDonald’s restaurant, saying their behaviour was ‘completely unacceptable’. Watch the footage here:
A group of up to 50 teens thought to be aged between 14 and 16 piled into the restaurant at around 9pm on Sunday 21 August.
Around seven allegedly jumped over the counter and started stealing food as it was being prepared in the kitchen.
People also helped themselves to soft drinks as others filmed on their phones.
Police say that, after some of the group eventually left the Nottingham city centre restaurant, about 20 of them stayed behind and were abusive and threatening towards staff.
By the time officers attended the incident, the group had dispersed.
A spokesperson for Nottinghamshire Police said: "We are treating this incident very seriously.
"This is a commercial burglary as the group forced their way behind the counter of a business and stole food and soft drinks.
"It is completely unacceptable.
"No arrests have been made yet, but we will be working with the Clumber Street McDonald's and carrying out CCTV inquiries to find those responsible."
Footage that appeared to show the incident surfaced on social media, with youths seen piling into the city centre McDonald's, with the group believed to be 14 to 16-year-olds and dressed in tracksuit bottoms, hats and caps.
There were also reports that the group had congregated outside the McDonald’s on Milton Street at around 10pm, but nothing was taken from this restaurant.
The group had also left when police arrived on the scene.
A spokesperson for McDonald's told LADbible: “We’re aware of an incident that took place at our Clumber Street restaurant on Sunday night. We were shocked and appalled by the incident which has absolutely no place in our restaurants. The incident was reported to the police who attended the restaurant. We will continue to support the police with any further investigation.”
Earlier this year, a McDonald's restaurant in Liverpool decided to ban all under-18s from entering after 5pm, in a bid to reduce instances of 'anti-social behaviour'.
The temporary restriction was introduced at the McDonald's on Church Street in Liverpool, with the fast food giant saying its decision was 'not taken lightly'.
A McDonald's spokesperson said: "Over recent weeks, we have seen an increase in the number of incidents of anti-social behaviour in the area with our people being subjected to verbal and physical abuse.
"We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to crime and anti-social behaviour, and have temporarily restricted restaurant access to U18s from 5pm.
"This decision was not taken lightly and we are working closely with the police to find a resolution and help reduce these incidents."Featured Image Credit: @xeno/TikTok