To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Missing submarine forced to abort past mission when battery suddenly drained and surface comms blacked out

Missing submarine forced to abort past mission when battery suddenly drained and surface comms blacked out

A previous passenger has revealed how his journey was cut short after multiple system failures on board the Titan submersible.

Previous passengers of the Titan submersible currently missing in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean are coming out of the woodwork to tell of a series of grim system failures on previous missions.

Some previous guests that risked their lives to view the sunken wreckage of the Titanic with their own eyes are now thanking their lucky stars they survived, with a number telling of radio failures, flickering lights and being at the mercy of deep sea currents during their voyages.

Mexican actor Alan Estrada has shared chilling details of his own journey in the Titan online.

The YouTube vlogger revealed the Titan's energy source quickly drained to 40 per cent power while he was on board in July 2022.

His mission was slashed down from a four-hour adventure to one so the submarine could return to the surface before it lost full power.

"For safety reasons this is completely understandable when the last battery - the submersible has two batteries - when the second battery has only 40 per cent left, it is necessary to return to the surface for safety," he said on YouTube.

"This means that the four hours that they tell you that you are going to be down there are not fulfilled."

He also revealed that the now-missing submersible suffered a two-hour communication blackout with the surface during his voyage.

Estrada was originally scheduled to travel to the Titanic's gravesite with OceanGate in July 2021; however, his trip was pushed back by a year due in the wake of unspecified 'difficulties' with the sub.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Estrada said: "My biggest concern was obviously losing my life. All the people who made this expedition … we are aware of the risks we are taking. It's not a surprise."

Another explorer, German 60-year-old Arthur Loibl, sunk below the depths with OceanGate in 2021.

He travelled in the great deep with Titanic expert Paul-Henry Nargeolet and OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush, both of whom are now missing on board the vanished submarine.

As per The Sun, Loibl revealed there were several issues before they even hit the water, claiming the first submarine 'didn’t work'.

They managed to get underwater five hours behind schedule due to electrical problems with the submersible.

But, just before they were to set off on their underwater voyage, a piece of kit designed to balance the vessel broke.

It was reattached with zip ties.

"It was a suicide mission back then," He told Bild.

He added: "It must be hell down there. There’s only 2.5m (8ft) of space, it’s four degrees, there’s no chair."

"I feel bad, I’m nervous, I have a sinking feeling in my stomach. I was incredibly lucky back then."

He revealed the Titanic dive was the 'most extreme' expedition he's ever been on... and that is coming from a guy who flew over Russia in a fighter jet.

Another Brit who signed up for a dive in the now-missing submarine pulled out at the last minute over fears OceanGate were 'cutting too many corners'.

Featured Image Credit: CNN. YouTube/alanxelmundo.

Topics: Titanic, News