Advert

Latest

Queen's Farm Shop Selling Out Of CBD Energy Drink

Queen's Farm Shop Selling Out Of CBD Energy Drink

published at38 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Hamburg Voted As The Most Popular Stag Do Location

Hamburg Voted As The Most Popular Stag Do Location

What does the average stag do look like? Although the answer to this question might vary from person to person, if it's a Brit who's set to get hitched, you can bet good money there'll be plenty of booze and banter involved.

And while stags are spending £39 less than the average for 2017 and £2 less than 2015, going overseas is often cheaper than staying in Blighty.

For those who decide to travel abroad, Hamburg has become the most popular destination overall, followed by Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam and Krakow. Probably something to do with the price of a pint.

But what about the other details? To answer some of our questions, event organiser StagWeb has looked through all the big stats of 2019 to identify the average cost, where most people were heading and what exactly they were getting up to on the groom's big weekend away.

Advert

According to the study, the average person spends £152 on a stag weekend. Meanwhile, 55% of husbands-to-be choose to celebrate with their pals in the UK, while the remaining 45%, obviously, go abroad.

Credit: StagWeb
Credit: StagWeb

Out of the most popular local destinations, Bristol came out on top, followed by Bournemouth (for some reason) then Liverpool, Newcastle and Cardiff.

Funnily enough, London didn't even make it into the top ten - again, probably something to do with the price of a pint.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Community

Christian Bale Voted The Most Popular Batman Actor Of All Time

Advert

As for the activities, the top way for stags to spend their evening is at nightclubs, followed by gentlemen's clubs, bar crawls, casinos and comedy clubs. Or sometimes, if they're at the higher end of the expenditure range, all of the above.

Credit: Pixabay/Pexels
Credit: Pixabay/Pexels
News

Masala Voted Most Popular Curry As National Curry Week Gets Under Way

published at4 months ago

StagWeb's director of operations, Steve Roddy, said: "Whilst just 23% of hens went off abroad for their big weekend away, almost twice as many stags jetted off to Europe and further afield.

"Although they went abroad it didn't cost them much more than hens whose average individual spend was £147, whereas stags spent, on average, £152.

Advert

"With cheap air travel and the comparatively cheap destinations, it can actually work out cheaper to head off abroad than stay in the UK."

Yes it can - unless you're the guy who flew halfway across the world to attend the stag party of a guy he'd never met. But by the looks of things, it was totally worth the flight costs.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Bride, Groom, travel, UK, Married, Holiday

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Police Issue £15,000 In Fines After Breaking Up Huge 300-Strong Rave
published at2 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Woman Charged After Filming Inside Hospital Claiming Covid Second Wave 'Is A Lie'

published at3 hours ago

Daisy Phillipson

Daisy is a UK-based freelance journalist with too many opinions. She loves everything film and music-related and has a track record writing for Little White Lies, BWRC, and Film Daily. Contact her at [email protected]