Woman Eating Burger Bites Into Human Finger At Fast Food Restaurant
| Last updated
WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT
A woman in Bolivia got the shock of her life when she bit into a hamburger at a fast food restaurant, only to find herself chewing on what turned out to be the remains of a human finger.
Estefany Benitez went down to one of her favourite spots, a Hot Burger store in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra - which is in the Bolivian department of the same name - on the evening of 12 September for a bite to eat.
However, she says as she chomped into her burger, she inadvertently bit into a severed finger, with police later confirming an employee had lost a digit while slicing meat.
Sharing the horror on Facebook, Benitez wrote: "At the moment of eating, I chewed on a FINGER."
She also posted images of the finger, along with videos of her waiting to speak to a company representative, who told her: "Please tell me what you want and we will give it to you."
In the footage, the representative for Hot Burger can also be heard explaining that the burgers arrive at the store pre-prepared.
They also tell Benitez that 'nothing like this has ever happened to us before'.
In one video - which was been viewed more than 60,000 times - Benitez says: "Here we are at the magnificent Hot Burger where a finger ended up in my burger.
"I'll post a photo of the finger right away."
True to her word, Benitez did share photos of her unexpected grisly meal - with the top of the dismembered digit seen hanging out on the side of her plate after she had apparently taken a bite out of the burger.
Benitez said a store representative had offered to close the restaurant while she was still there, but claims they then 'carried on serving customers like nothing had happened'.
After her post went viral on social media, a company spokesperson said the matter was an 'unfortunate incident' and explained that a worker had lost part of his index finger while preparing the meat.
Edson Claure, director of the National Police's Special Crime Fighting Force, confirmed to local media that a company employee lost part of his finger at work.
The Vice Minister for the Defence of User and Consumer Rights also decided to temporarily close the branch and impose a fine on the company.
LADbible has contacted Hot Burger for comment.
Featured Image Credit: @estefany.benitez.399/Newsflash
Topics: World News, News, Fast Food