Railway worker cheats death after falling onto train tracks and getting electrocuted in shocking video
| Last updated
Warning: This article contains footage some readers may find disturbing
Footage is circulating on social media showing two ticket collectors talking to each other in West Bengal when a live wire fell between them.
The disturbing video, which was caught on CCTV, shows the two colleagues chatting on the platform at Kharagpur railway station. But then, the live electrical wire drops and falls on top of the man's head - causing him to buckle and fall backwards. Watch below:
The man tumbles onto the floor and falls further back onto the train track, where his legs dangle in the air.
The other railway worker meanwhile runs away from the scene in shock, with other onlookers also escaping the scene.
But what you'd think is a certain death situation isn't as it seems, as the man has actually survived thanks to the fast thinking from people at the station.
As seen in the CCTV footage, you can see more than a dozen people look over the tracks to see the man, with two men preparing a stretcher for him.
That is where the footage ends, but the news is good news from local officials.
From the shocking incident, officials say that the man was electrocuted - subsequently receiving burns, and was rushed to hospital.
Remarkably, they are saying that he is in a stable condition in a local hospital.
With the footage circulating on social media, many people have reacted to the incident that many think would kill the man nine times out of ten.
One person on Twitter said: "Probably the leather shoes saved a more severe earth supply.... Thank God he is out of danger."
A second person added: "What I appreciate about this footage is that not a single person is seen shooting videos — all trying to find n help out.
"One of the reasons why I love Bengal. Humanity is alive n kicking there."
And a third person said: "Had it happened in Mumbai at a local railway station, it would have been very difficult for the poor man with an approaching train. Thank God he is better."
There were some people on social media that questioned the fellow train worker opposite the man, however.
"Very shocked with the other TTE's reaction. His colleague fell backwards on his head onto the tracks & he's not to be seen till the last frame & seems glad he's alive," one Twitter user said.
But that was probably for the best, as official is not for anyone to touch a person who has been electrocuted if they are still in contact with the source of the electricity.
This is because you will more likely than not get electrocuted yourself!